I will just leave this here

The Platinum I just got came with those tools. The owner included them with the purchase. Wood needs to be cleaned up and sealed again but otherwise they are in great shape.

I believe when I got my 3000 (99) it came with those tools as well but those are long gone.
Okay cool! Thank you.

Did you buy your 3000 brand new?

I won it from Marlboro with Marlboro Miles aahaaha

Im probably one of the few people on earth that got a grill for free in 1999 and still have it
Oh man I'm jealous!!!!

That's one of the most impressive things to me. And coolest. I know one other person I believe bought their Grill brand new and is restoring it to a high standard. There's probably a lot more people here that bought their grill new and restored it that I don't know about.

I won it from Marlboro with Marlboro Miles aahaaha

Im probably one of the few people on earth that got a grill for free in 1999 and still have it
I used to work for a guy that smoked his Marlboros from sun up to sun down and beyond. He was always crowing about his Marlboro Miles swag. One day I mentioned that he should probably start saving his miles to redeem them for an iron lung. The ensuing silence was deafening.

Just cuz I'm always scouring the internet for cool stuff and good deals. The older I get the more I appreciate older things that were built to last and stand the test of time.

I found these vintage Weber barbecue utensils and had to have them LOL. I went back and forth with the seller a few times and got them for $17 I'm not sure what time period they are from. If anyone knows let me know? Also if any of you are looking for anything specific and having a hard time finding it. I'm pretty good at finding hard to find things and good deals so just let me know what you're looking for? And I'll keep an eye out

View attachment 94912View attachment 94913View attachment 94914
I got my set new with my Silver B in 2001 or 2002.

I used to work for a guy that smoked his Marlboros from sun up to sun down and beyond. He was always crowing about his Marlboro Miles swag. One day I mentioned that he should probably start saving his miles to redeem them for an iron lung. The ensuing silence was deafening.

Aaahaha yea i quit smoking about 2002 and haven't smoked since.

The grill was some contest. I got a whole bunch of stuff along with it. A giant Igloo cooler I still have, a video camera, Polaroid camera and a ton of film, omaha steaks and a some other stuff that I cant remember.

My 3000 is a redhead. It came with that original red/orange colored wood and that deteriorated pretty quick. Weber sent me the grey durawood to replace.

I made new wood slats once before and im currently on a months long project refurbishing the wood again.

I started out thinking ill get a grill to use while i refurbish mine and now here I am with like 4 other grills and nothing completed aahahaa

Ill get there ...

The grill was some contest. I got a whole bunch of stuff along with it. A giant Igloo cooler I still have, a video camera, Polaroid camera and a ton of film, omaha steaks and a some other stuff that I cant remember.

My 3000 is a redhead. It came with that original red/orange colored wood and that deteriorated pretty quick. Weber sent me the grey durawood to replace.

I made new wood slats once before and im currently on a months long project refurbishing the wood again.

I started out thinking ill get a grill to use while i refurbish mine and now here I am with like 4 other grills and nothing completed aahahaa

Ill get there ...
You're well on your way. And you have some sweet projects to be proud of in the works!!

Ill get there ...
Working on the wood slats is my favorite part. Probably a pain in the *** to most people. I'm really excited to do the wood on the next couple I have coming up. I do still need to finish the wood on my 2000 when i get back also. I just sanded off the orange factory stain and cleared them on top but now I have to take them completely out and finish the boards all the way around and put them back in. Probably a fresh coat of paint on the z-metal also

Last edited:
I just recently bought a 2 burner and now I'm not even using my 3 burner for anything. Definitely keep one around though. I need to find a couple Genesis Jr's for restoration projects. I'll swap out my Genesis ii 3 and 2 burner grills for Genesis 1000 and Genesis Jr.

I don't need an XL grill
Josh, guess you're not doing much indirect cooking on your Weber gas grill if using the 2 burners. One of the things I love (currently miss during rebuild) is using just the rear burner. I have a Weber smoke box and put it over the rear burner, and after it starts smoking reduce to low, with both front burners off.

This gets me 2/3 grill space at about 200 degrees for a reverse sear on a big rib eye. Then while the steak rests 8 minutes crank up all 3 burners wide open for final sear.

Do a fair amount of rotisserie chicken wings in the basket, so turn off the center burner with the front/rear on low, been doing this for 28 years.

I know the 2 burners are cute, but the flexibility of the 3 burners and grill spacer when you turn off 1 or 2 is great.

Josh, guess you're not doing much indirect cooking on your Weber gas grill if using the 2 burners. One of the things I love (currently miss during rebuild) is using just the rear burner. I have a Weber smoke box and put it over the rear burner, and after it starts smoking reduce to low, with both front burners off.

This gets me 2/3 grill space at about 200 degrees for a reverse sear on a big rib eye. Then while the steak rests 8 minutes crank up all 3 burners wide open for final sear.

Do a fair amount of rotisserie chicken wings in the basket, so turn off the center burner with the front/rear on low, been doing this for 28 years.

I know the 2 burners are cute, but the flexibility of the 3 burners and grill spacer when you turn off 1 or 2 is great.
I'm not as fancy as you are with my cooking. But I would like to be. Definitely want to experiment more as I slowly get more time on my hands. I'll definitely always have a three burner. I've actually been meaning to get a smoke box and try something like that.

You bought your Genesis 2000 brand new right?

Last edited:
I know there was a Snap-On addition. Was there any other obscure additions that I haven't heard of? Obviously I know of the skyline and the Platinum.

I guess Steve has a Jack Daniels Platinum

Last edited:

I get bye just fine on my 2 burner with indirect --- checkout this thread ---- https://tvwbb.com/threads/smoking-on-the-gasser.98166/
I've got my B ready to go with a similar setup, but I find I don't really need the extra space --- the 2 burner can handle what I need to do.

Mark --- I would suggest trying to put together a 'raised grate' setup to get the meat up above the exhaust vent of the grill so that the meat can get more smoke ---- it made a HUGE difference over just putting the meat on the grate. An extra grate and some tin cans is all it takes. Also note too --- you can turn the burner OFF once the steak temps and let it suck up more smoke while its resting too! Some of the best steaks I have ever had!!!!

I know there was a Snap-On addition. Was there any other obscure additions that I haven't heard of? Obviously I know of the skyline and the Platinum.

I guess Steve has a Jack Daniels Platinum
There were some other promotional gas grills made that pop up every once in a while. Nothing that stood out to me as being very cool or interesting since I can't remember what any of them are. The story on the Jack Daniels grill is that the guy who gave it to me was a Weber employee and and had it made for him personally. He says it's a one off and I believe him, I've never seen another one.IMG_20240619_192651962.jpg

There were some other promotional gas grills made that pop up every once in a while. Nothing that stood out to me as being very cool or interesting since I can't remember what any of them are. The story on the Jack Daniels grill is that the guy who gave it to me was a Weber employee and and had it made for him personally. He says it's a one off and I believe him, I've never seen another one.View attachment 94927
Is this Your current grill that you've been working on?

I used to save them for a friend, he had gallon bags full. Never redeemed them. I have since quit smoking, going on 3 years smoke free. Was it Marlboro branded at all?

Nope. No Marlboro branding on it. Would have been cool if it was though. There was a point in time where they were still giving out merch for miles but they had to stop putting the brand name of stuff.

Quick Google seach showed me this:

Master Settlement Agreement
In 1998, 46 US states and other jurisdictions signed the Master Settlement Agreement, which banned paid product placement and outdoor advertising for tobacco companies. The agreement also required the five largest tobacco companies, including Philip Morris, to pay the states $10 billion annually.

Back