I will just leave this here

I did color change on my S330 for the firebox, lid caps and cart inside and out from that stock gray to high temp black. If I would have kept it for myself I would have painted the table caps and control panel caps black also. Since they were in good shape I skipped it. Still ok with the contrast I think. I knew the family I donate it to wouldn't care.

View attachment 95159View attachment 95160
View attachment 95164View attachment 95165
View attachment 95175
Josh - You do stunning work! I don't know how much time it actually takes you, but to put your energy into something that gets donated, is just beyond comprehension! On a different tangent: How are getting the cook box interior so clean just using the wire brush? And, I don't even see swirl marks in these pics!

Josh - You do stunning work! I don't know how much time it actually takes you, but to put your energy into something that gets donated, is just beyond comprehension! On a different tangent: How are getting the cook box interior so clean just using the wire brush? And, I don't even see swirl marks in these pics!
Thank you Chris!
Many hours with multiple different styles of wire grinder for my dewalt impact. After I spray it down with muriatic acid which etches the aluminum makes it kind of a clean bright white. I don't know if they still make it but there was a product called alumabrite that I used to use when I detailed aluminum on semis in my younger years. I just looked it up and I see that product is still sold. I think I will get some. I was just using muriatic acid because that's what I had on hand but Alumabrite would probably be a better product.

Last edited:
Thank you Chris!
Many hours with multiple different styles of wire grinder for my dewalt impact. After I spray it down with muriatic acid which etches the aluminum makes it kind of a clean bright white. I don't know if they still make it but there was a product called alumabrite that I used to use when I detailed aluminum on semis in my younger years. I just looked it up and I see that product is still sold. I think I will get some. I was just using muriatic acid because that's what I had on hand but Alumabrite would probably be a better product.
Right on... thanks, I'll check it out.

I think I posted this a month or so ago. But the price is dropping. I still can't believe they made this thing to run off a propane cylinder. It would probably only run a couple hours with all the burners on HI.

I think I posted this a month or so ago. But the price is dropping. I still can't believe they made this thing to run off a propane cylinder. It would probably only run a couple hours with all the burners on HI.

And that thing is literally pristine. Those grates are original cast iron one like I had. Insides are not even dirty!

I just got back from picking up some freebie parts off CL --- B parts - porcelain C grates in fairly good condition (better than the ones on mine!) - burner set with GOOD xover - flavor bars that I just looked at and are SS (another free upgrade to mine!) - knobs - valves - ignitor box ---- pretty good score for a freebie pick up! I figured they be golden if (really when) I pick up another B/C that needs parts for a quick/cheap flip. I didn't get a chance to talk with the guy as to what happened to the frame/box/lid..... I'm kinda curious now. Its not often that you get some really GOOD shape 'innards' with out the 'outards' --- totally opposite type of pick up.....

Who was it that was looking for LP gas valves for a B/C? I've got three of them now that will just sit in my growing parts box. For some reason the guy took them off the manifold and just stuck them in the burner tubes.

It is totally understandable if you never heard of these grills before. Any grill that uses newspapers for fuel is not likely going to be long lasting.

Brinkman and another outfit or two make ones that look similar too. But they are substandard to the WSM.

But if you can get one that is still in decent shape under $50, it is a great deal. They make three sizes, 14.5", 18" and 22". They start over $200 new for the 14.5" and go way up from there.

As far as scams, I would be wary on the one above as well. It almost looks like one of those "too good to be true" deals.

Back