I will just leave this here

Brinkman and another outfit or two make ones that look similar too. But they are substandard to the WSM.

But if you can get one that is still in decent shape under $50, it is a great deal. They make three sizes, 14.5", 18" and 22". They start over $200 new for the 14.5" and go way up from there.

As far as scams, I would be wary on the one above as well. It almost looks like one of those "too good to be true" deals.
Hard to say for sure. People around here will give anything away.

Do it, Josh! (if it is within a reasonable distance, of course). I'm a Pit Barrel Cooker guy, but the WSM is also fantastic. If you haven't tried indirect cooking with charcoal and wood chunks, this is a great opportunity for you to try it with almost no investment risk

Do it, Josh! (if it is within a reasonable distance, of course). I'm a Pit Barrel Cooker guy, but the WSM is also fantastic. If you haven't tried indirect cooking with charcoal and wood chunks, this is a great opportunity for you to try it with almost no investment risk
If everything goes good I'll grab it from him tonight or Monday. Would be fun to try.

Brinkman and another outfit or two make ones that look similar too. But they are substandard to the WSM.

But if you can get one that is still in decent shape under $50, it is a great deal. They make three sizes, 14.5", 18" and 22". They start over $200 new for the 14.5" and go way up from there.

As far as scams, I would be wary on the one above as well. It almost looks like one of those "too good to be true" deals.
280 4xx and 5xx super expensive now.
I would be there waiting!

I was gonna say that after weber's price increase a couple of years ago the prices for a new 18 are $429.
The one ~ a week ago for $40 was a steal (great shape) --- that one for $10 if everything is there and decent is robbery. Its hard to find them for free, but there are blue moons.

Thats what happened to me ---- you get a WSM --- and the next thing you know is you just have to have a kettle too.... it only makes sense.

@Josh Dekubber you’re closer than I am. This has you written ALL over it!

What years was the flame check available? Still not completely sure what it did or how it worked.
I'm seriously running out of space. Literally. After bringing home another one today and possibly grabbing a smoker tonight but I would make room for that one if it was closer. 5000 is not my favorite but it would be cool to do one for sure

Those were just a junky Chinese grill with a red cabinet and SO logo. As grills no good

As an example of how 'over the top' Snap-On went, this behemoth has been listed near me for several weeks (relisted recently).

1720899981583.png

As an example of how 'over the top' Snap-On went, this behemoth has been listed near me for several weeks (relisted
Would be something. Something for the right man cave. But a headache, disaster, and waste of space for us. But it does look better designed than the previous one.

Last edited:
As an example of how 'over the top' Snap-On went, this behemoth has been listed near me for several weeks (relisted recently).

View attachment 95853
Yep. 3 junky Chineseums in a row

Back