I will just leave this here

I think the blackout look would have worked better with a black hood and doors. Maybe I should have tried to match the brick red on the shelf trim aluminum end cap pieces or even used silver as is done on the newest Webers.

I wanted to keep this grill, but I am under a new operating regime that recognizes that I can't possibly have every cool Weber as a "keeper."
That grill is absolutely perfect and beautiful as is. I hope someone has the good sense to snap up that work of art quickly.

I think the blackout look would have worked better with a black hood and doors. Maybe I should have tried to match the brick red on the shelf trim aluminum end cap pieces or even used silver as is done on the newest Webers.

I wanted to keep this grill, but I am under a new operating regime that recognizes that I can't possibly have every cool Weber as a "keeper."

I like the red with the black Jon - If anything add more black

BLACKOUT SIDEWINDER

I just posted this brick red sidewinder with blackout paint trim and stainless-steel interior panels:

View attachment 95126
View attachment 95127

I wish I could offer more of the stainless-steel backs and bottoms, but this is my last set. They were made for me by a friend from when I lived in Florida who owned a sheet metal shop.
It's incredible, I bet a lot of people wish you could offer these!

BLACKOUT SIDEWINDER

I just posted this brick red sidewinder with blackout paint trim and stainless-steel interior panels:

View attachment 95126
View attachment 95127

I wish I could offer more of the stainless-steel backs and bottoms, but this is my last set. They were made for me by a friend from when I lived in Florida who owned a sheet metal shop.
That looks sharp.

I have been wanting to do that to my S330, just haven’t gotten around to it. But now that I have the grey lid and doors, I I’m having second thoughts… I now have a spare set of side tables, 2 lids (1 black, 1 SS), pair of doors and control panel. So I still may do it and see if I like it or not.

I have been wanting to do that to my S330, just haven’t gotten around to it. But now that I have the grey lid and doors, I I’m having second thoughts… I now have a spare set of side tables, 2 lids (1 black, 1 SS), pair of doors and control panel. So I still may do it and see if I like it or not.
Black end caps and cookbox is the way to go.

After seeing this I want to do the side table trim as well.

Black end caps and cookbox is the way to go.

After seeing this I want to do the side table trim as well.

I did a silver cook box because it was a grey color, or it was very uniformly faded, and when I got the box back from blasting I didn’t see a darker grey in high heat paint. It matched the original frame color if I recall correctly.

With the black lid, I had toyed with matching all the end caps to the cook box. But then thought it would be a bit too much.

I did color change on my S330 for the firebox, lid caps and cart inside and out from that stock gray to high temp black. If I would have kept it for myself I would have painted the table caps and control panel caps black also. Since they were in good shape I skipped it. Still ok with the contrast I think. I knew the family I donate it to wouldn't care.

Screenshot_20240705_181921_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20240705_181832_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20240705_183548_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20240705_183501_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20240705_184727_Photos~2.jpg

Last edited:
You may have seen my blackout Genesis from last year. I used black on the hood end caps, firebox and frame sides. The bottom and back were stainless in that one, too.

I was trying to make it look more like a new model Genesis, so I went out on a limb painting the shelf ends silver, blacking out the chrome trim on the doors, and using non-Weber knobs for the main burners:

IMG_2393.jpeg

You may have seen my blackout Genesis from last year. I used black on the hood end caps, firebox and frame sides. The bottom and back were stainless in that one, too.

I was trying to make it look more like a new model Genesis, so I went out on a limb painting the shelf ends silver, blacking out the chrome trim on the doors, and using non-Weber knobs for the main burners:

View attachment 95184
That looks so good Jon! I haven't seen that one before. Nice work

IMO, Weber should be getting their design and styling cues from these recent posts, nice classy looking grills.

Also, I think the knobs on the 2011-16 Genesis were the most functional (markings on knob) and best looking.

Last edited:

Back