I will just leave this here

Also did you paint the handle on that? Did you use the same paint as what Bruce was talking about?
I would like to do my end caps, knobs, and handle if so. Love the look!

Here is one where the grates match the side table:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/314509165989081

Chris,

The handle is actually black out of the box. That is one of the main reasons I used it on this grill. I did, however, paint the side burner knob. For painting plastic I like Krylon's FUSION for Plastic. I used black satin. With no long term use I can't guarantee how it holds up, but if you take the time to TOTALLY clean each part, including using xylene or acetone to get ALL the grease off, I wouldn't be afraid to try and paint even a handle with their paint. Use a few coats following directions and give it PLENTY OF TIME to cure.

So, how far away is that old redhead on facebook?;)

Chris,

The handle is actually black out of the box. That is one of the main reasons I used it on this grill. I did, however, paint the side burner knob. For painting plastic I like Krylon's FUSION for Plastic. I used black satin. With no long term use I can't guarantee how it holds up, but if you take the time to TOTALLY clean each part, including using xylene or acetone to get ALL the grease off, I wouldn't be afraid to try and paint even a handle with their paint. Use a few coats following directions and give it PLENTY OF TIME to cure.

So, how far away is that old redhead on facebook?;)

It looks really good! I like the Sox logo. I used to be a Sox fan when Frank Thomas was playing. Mostly because he was really good/my fav player and It was different team than my cousins. I have switched to the home town Rangers many many seasons ago in high school.

I just checked and it is 2 hours away. Welcome to Texas where everything seems to be 2 hours away or more when I want something. It is actually closer to the Louisiana boarder.

It looks really good! I like the Sox logo. I used to be a Sox fan when Frank Thomas was playing. Mostly because he was really good/my fav player and It was different team than my cousins. I have switched to the home town Rangers many many seasons ago in high school.

I just checked and it is 2 hours away. Welcome to Texas where everything seems to be 2 hours away or more when I want something. It is actually closer to the Louisiana boarder.

Chris,

Thanks for checking! Oh well, my wife would be relieved to hear that:rolleyes:. Someday, one of those old Genesis grills will come up within my target range. I will just have to wait...and wait!

I became a Sox fan because of grad school at the University of Chicago on the South Side. I loved old Comiskey Park because of all the history and how the place just smelled like baseball;)! The Sox are the underdog team even in Chicago, so I kind of like that. Frank Thomas was definitely a class act player that the Sox were fortunate to have. I once saw Nolan Ryan pitch at the old Arlington Stadium and I have been to the new park one time as well. Really nice with a cool home run porch! Being a Rangers fan is AOK!

Jon

There's a guy who recently won some kind of fan award from the Patriots organization and he grills with a grill that looks like a motor.

Always makes me laugh, I love motors, but I don't need a grill that looks like one!

Here's a neat one for you:

42403739_10213300846744202_1015048621998997504_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2118731211505607

Last edited:
I bought the Thermapen® Mk4 early in the month when Chris posted that sale for $79 bucks always wanted one using it this weekend.

I have the 600 which works pretty well so that will stay upstairs for the wife to use but have heard great thing about the pop good price if you don't want 2 find a buddy to take one.

I can highly recommend these. I am sure their “pen” is better, but for a great price this is a quick, reliable and easy to read thermometer.

Jon can you or someone else comment on what makes this brand better than the cheaper ones? I've had a $10 one I bought from amazon for several years now. It seems to work well and is holding up despite heavy usage. It's the Thermopro brand. I especially like it because it uses a standard AA battery and not something that's hard to find.

But I've always heard that brand you posted the link for is the best? Is it durability? More accurate? Prices for digital thermometers are really all over the place.

Jon can you or someone else comment on what makes this brand better than the cheaper ones? I've had a $10 one I bought from amazon for several years now. It seems to work well and is holding up despite heavy usage. It's the Thermopro brand. I especially like it because it uses a standard AA battery and not something that's hard to find.

But I've always heard that brand you posted the link for is the best? Is it durability? More accurate? Prices for digital thermometers are really all over the place.

Greg,

I am not an expert, and I also have a Thermopro thermometer (the single wire probe with the readout that you stick outside the grill somewhere). I like that Thermopro very much. Thermoworks is a high-class company that really does try to meet the needs of barbecue fanatics and pros. Their stuff is definitely tougher and works better in my experience. I would take my Smoke over my friend's iGrill any day. The ThermoPen is pretty much the standard for instant read thermometers and used by BBQ pros all over the country. The "Thermopop" they also sell is a lower cost entry. I like that it is small, pretty quick and that the readout rotates depending on the direction you are using it. I do take really good care of it, but in return it has never failed me. It is all I think I would ever need. I bought one on another sale that I am holding to give as a gift. Mine was actually a gift from a friend as well, so I guess I am passing that on:cool:! This sale would be a good opportunity to get one for yourself as well as give to someone you care about.

I have two thermopops which I really like and two big and loud timers. One of the big and loud timers our black lab puppy knocked off the table and the stand broke I called thermworks to see If I could buy a new stand. I told the lady on the phone what had happened and she said no problem and they mailed me a new stand for free. A week ago I dropped the other one and broke that stand. Again I called and got the same result even though I told them it was my fault, they sent me a new stand at no cost to me.
Great customer service.

Last edited:
I always love these people who write "it can be converted". These dummies don't realize the liability they open themselves up to. "can be converted" at what expense?

Back