I will just leave this here

Bruce how does that right side end cap attach does it plug into the frame on each side. If that was the case they could not put one on the left side because of the swing table bracket that plugs in.

Just get a Silver B End cap that has the hole in it for the swing table pivot rod.

Here, this is what I am talking about. It is a Genesis 1000 frame with the Silver B left end cap holding the original swing table.

AESlbcc.jpg

I kind of like the silver B end caps but the right side I believe would be a problem on the skyline because the right B endcap doesn't have a mounting hole for the wire tray that's on the skyline.

Rich, you just have to find a right side silver b end cap with the pivot hole.

Looks like it fits perfectly to me. Again, that is a Genny 1000 frame with a silver B right side end cap and Skyline basket.

ZImUuSv.jpg

Last edited:

Looks like it fits perfectly to me. Again, that is a Genny 1000 frame with a silver B right side end cap and Skyline basket.

ZImUuSv.jpg

Completely forgot about a silver b right hand flip up table bracket endcap DUH

Last edited:
Yep, Weber has done a good job keeping parts interchangeable between models. That is why we tend to see some real "Franken grills" from time to time.

Just looked at eReplacementParts and they have the right hand swing up endcap for $30.67. If someone were inclined to do that it would probably be easier to buy one new then trying to find a doner grill.

Last edited:
Yep, Weber has done a good job keeping parts interchangeable between models. That is why we tend to see some real "Franken grills" from time to time.

That's exactly what my grill is. If I happen across some really cheap donar parts I may put things back to more original. But since I'm not trying to sell it I'm really only interested in functionality.

ZImUuSv.jpg

I did think that would work. Since I am using the extended frame and still wanted a right hand flip table PLUS the “Skyline” condiment rack, I had to improvise by adding a right angle bracket to hold my condiment rack and leave the far right for the flip table - if I EVER get to it:(! You can see the bracket on the left in the first picture:

f2pkhv.jpg

307umpe.jpg

I did think that would work. Since I am using the extended frame and still wanted a right hand flip table PLUS the “Skyline” condiment rack, I had to improvise by adding a right angle bracket to hold my condiment rack and leave the far right for the flip table - if I EVER get to it:(! You can see the bracket on the left in the first picture:

f2pkhv.jpg

307umpe.jpg

I really like this setup. I constantly miss having a nice little rack to put things in like S&P, oils, etc. I always end up putting them on the side tables and knocking them off when I lay a platter up on them or such

Joh, did you repaint the wire basket? Was it rusto 2X?

Bruce,
I first painted with Rustoleum High Heat flat, but it was too flat for me. I am pretty sure I went back over it with Rustoleum High Heat ultra semi gloss. Maybe the high heat isn’t really necessary. The ideal look I think would be a satin black, but I am ok with what I have. There were a couple small rust spots that I touched up with the POR stuff first.

Those grates are hillbilly grates. I am pretty sure they just cut a piece of regular steel mesh to fit the grill. you will notice a bar running front to back beneath the grates which probably to support it, since it isn't otherwise strong enough. You can probably get some good sear marks without even moving your meat, but I wouldn't want to eat off them.

Also did you paint the handle on that? Did you use the same paint as what Bruce was talking about?
I would like to do my end caps, knobs, and handle if so. Love the look!

Here is one where the grates match the side table:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/314509165989081

I agree with Bruce that the grates/side table are an ad-hoc mod, but I would probably jump on that one if it were close to me. Looks like a Genesis I. Original style wheels (still intact!) and no casters on the left side. Also has the split frame support on the bottom. This grill would look grate if you did it up with the very first style wide slats for the tables and on the bottom. You probably saw the discussions about that in here in the past. Here is one of the most recent:

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?75191-What-Model-Red-Head-Is-This

You could even swap out the knobs with black ones! The metal tank gage would be trickier, but it would be conceivable to replicate. Oh well, good thing it is in Texas and not Florida!!!:rolleyes: I keep trying to get one of these with no success.

Don't tell my wife that I asked, but you wouldn't want to "agent" it for me would you?

Last edited:

Back