I will just leave this here

Just not popping around here yet. I think a couple more weeks before people really get into the summer spirit up here.

LOL, I just got an email notification of a Weber grill ($145) for sale off CL. I clicked on it as soon as it appeared in my inbox and it was already removed. I assume every one else gets the notices as soon as I do, so that sure went fast. The only thing I else I can think of is that the owner posted it and immediately pulled it down due to an error or something. Makes me wonder just how much lag I have in my internet connection.

I don't know what is going on lately. Same with mixers. Absolute junk commanding and selling for outrageous prices. I just finished my last presold 6qt (Pro 600) machine. New transmission case, all new gears, modified planetary, even the optional 13 wire whisk and I am letting that go for $175 (due to being a repeat customer) but I could have easily added $100 to that price tag right now. I just can't bring myself to do that, especially when you can buy one brand new at Costco for $329 and on special of the month deals for $279! But I am seeing them being sold on FleaBay for OVER new prices! *** is wrong with people (the buyers)?
Though I will say machines are getting harder to come by. I noticed on the actual KitchenAid site much of the model lines show "backorder". My part supplier sent me an email telling me they got 2 transmission housings in stock I bought them immediately (been waiting since late January for them).
I think we al better get right with the Lord cause it looks like the world gonna end :D

Could it be similar to the situation with Weber grills in that the older ones are just built better than the new ones and the customers realize that?

Could it be similar to the situation with Weber grills in that the older ones are just built better than the new ones and the customers realize that?
Oddly no. Not the case unless you go all the way back into the 35+ yo machines and even then it's only very marginally different. EVen the new ones are built very well, made in the USA and really are long time investments

I don't know what is going on lately. Same with mixers. Absolute junk commanding and selling for outrageous prices. I just finished my last presold 6qt (Pro 600) machine. New transmission case, all new gears, modified planetary, even the optional 13 wire whisk and I am letting that go for $175 (due to being a repeat customer) but I could have easily added $100 to that price tag right now. I just can't bring myself to do that, especially when you can buy one brand new at Costco for $329 and on special of the month deals for $279! But I am seeing them being sold on FleaBay for OVER new prices! *** is wrong with people (the buyers)?
Though I will say machines are getting harder to come by. I noticed on the actual KitchenAid site much of the model lines show "backorder". My part supplier sent me an email telling me they got 2 transmission housings in stock I bought them immediately (been waiting since late January for them).
I think we al better get right with the Lord cause it looks like the world gonna end :D
That's interesting. It's possible covid disrupted some component availability, so kitchenaid haven't been able to ship out enough mixers lately. There's also higher demand for mixers because people panic bought too much flour at the beginning of the pandemic. Now they need to find ways to use it up before it spoils. Note I noticed my local Costco hasn't been selling kitchenaid mixers lately. Instead they been stocking Cuisinart ones.

There's been huge backorders on many things. I've been looking for a common circuit breaker since last year. I was told the shortage was because the factory in Mexico closed for many months last year. The 15 Amp single pole ones finally got restocked at home depot last week. Still waiting for 30 and 40 Amp ones.

Oddly no. Not the case unless you go all the way back into the 35+ yo machines and even then it's only very marginally different. EVen the new ones are built very well, made in the USA and really are long time investments

So which current kitchenaid mixer models would you say are the best? Do you prefer the older style ac models (eg. PRO600) or the newer ones with the DC ecm motors? I find the AC models annoyingly loud, but parts are easiest to obtain, and are also easy to fix. The DC models appear to be beefier inside though.

FWIW they are all DC machines. On some they use a series wound machine and others a permanent magnet motor. I find the ones with the permanent magnet motors to have a more robust gear train and more quiet but not as much power as the others. But neither one is "newer" really over the other. They still make both types.
Got one on my bench right now (a tilt head) another YouTuber amateur got into. (noticed the stripped screws and such). Only thing wrong with it were field coil studs were loose and field coil was bouncing all over the place inside. He could have called me, had it done RIGHT for $65 AND guaranteed for a year on top of it but instead had to buy his wife a new machine.
Had another one just sold not long ago of the Pro600. Another one thought 'oh I'll watch YouTune" and fix it. What a mess that one was. Broken bearings, brand new stripped gears, missing parts. He said "oh I saw your web site and facebook ad but I wanted to try to save the money". I gotta laugh. $65 again (plus whatever for the bearings and gears) he would have had it done right and also modified so the planetary would never break again either. But, yeah lets watch BoobToob and save the $$$$.

That's probably better built than some of those fake stainless ones out in front of Lowes and Home Depot :LOL:

That's cute, but the Weber one is even better. I actually bought one of these for my grand-nephew:

LOL, I just got an email notification of a Weber grill ($145) for sale off CL. I clicked on it as soon as it appeared in my inbox and it was already removed. I assume every one else gets the notices as soon as I do, so that sure went fast. The only thing I else I can think of is that the owner posted it and immediately pulled it down due to an error or something. Makes me wonder just how much lag I have in my internet connection.
I find about a 15 minute lag between postings and notifications on CL.

I find it absolutely nuts that most of the times prices on eBay are higher than Amazon and they sell! Been that way for many years.

Back