I will just leave this here

I was just posting it if anyone local wanted it. I'm concentrating on older Genesis models. I have two redheads on my to do list for the Spring/ Summer.
Plus I'm not allowed any more until I give one or two away.

Skip cleaning up the whole kettle. Just grab the lid, throw away the rest of the grill and clean the lid up a bit and sell it as is:
Better yet, I think I will head to HD and Walmart and buy every kettle they have. Then toss the bottoms and legs and sell the lids.

Skip cleaning up the whole kettle. Just grab the lid, throw away the rest of the grill and clean the lid up a bit and sell it as is:
Better yet, I think I will head to HD and Walmart and buy every kettle they have. Then toss the bottoms and legs and sell the lids.

I have sold brand new lids and bowls before. Of course not for that price. Lol
Few years back I found a brand new blue bowl and lid without any HW such as legs wheels, ash catcher or handles. So I bought an almost new black kettle just to use the HW to build a blue kettle grill.
And a few months ago I bought a brand new Smokey Joe to replace the rusted grates and rusted legs of my yellow Simpsons Smokey Joe. Buying the whole grill was cheaper than buying the parts individually. Now I have a brand new bowl and lid from a Smokey Joe which I don't need anymore. I may use it as a flower pot or a lamp shade.

ANOTHER STROLL DOWN THE SUNBEAM LANE

No, "The Judge" was a lot of fun, but one stroll down this rabbit hole was enough for me. I think mine is more unusual, but this more common version still brings back memories of my early days of grilling in the 1980s when a Weber was out of reach and I knew essentially NOTHING about how to use a grill!

Sunbeam Front.jpgIMG_0617.jpg

I have seen a lot of overpriced grills on CL and FB MP, but this is the first time I have seen a guy advertise his well used 20 year old grill for $25 less than what he paid for it new nineteen years ago.

I have seen a lot of overpriced grills on CL and FB MP, but this is the first time I have seen a guy advertise his well used 20 year old grill for $25 less than what he paid for it new nineteen years ago.

Seller did receive brats and bbq sauce at n/c when purchased new.

Attachments

• 305B96FA-8A85-4380-B2D0-B33B3642AF3A.jpeg
    305B96FA-8A85-4380-B2D0-B33B3642AF3A.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 8
If it's an area that lacks a substantial Weber resale market, it's not such a bad deal.

You can pay $800 for a brand new Genesis, or half price for one that works just as well (better, to many).

Around here that model in good shape but not refurbished goes for ~$200.

That dude is on crack.
Here is essentially the same grill, actually with an extra flip up table, rehabbed for $275. Which would you buy?

That dude is on crack.
Here is essentially the same grill, actually with an extra flip up table, rehabbed for $275. Which would you buy?
Yeah, it seems crazy to me, too, and I don't think he will get that or even very close. But, maybe your $275 from a year ago should be $375 this year?!!!

That $275 was actually tow seasons ago. I did up my price for Silvers and 1000's to $300 plus last summer and still had very little trouble moving them. I might hit $350 this year for a special one. Heck, this another one from two seasons ago....I can't beleive I let a Skyline go that cheap.

Here is another Snap-On behemoth:
Another one ready for the scrap yard. Save that Snap-On logo, it's the most valuable thing there!

Well, if that's where things are at, then we need to up our prices even more for well restored grills!
Jon, you ought to know that's what's called an inflationary spiral. People look for what is a good price to sell that ol' grill that's been sitting in the back forty since just about forever and they land on a site like this and see what people are getting for rehabbed grills, then set their price accordingly. You raise your prices, don't complain when your costs go up...it's the free market economy in action. One drives the other.

Back