I will just leave this here

One of those would be purely a flip for me. I have a fire ring in the back yard for real wood and a Flame 27000 on the front deck for quick and easy summer evening relaxation. But, those things sure seem popular enough that you could probably get $500 for a new one.

Oddly no. Not the case unless you go all the way back into the 35+ yo machines and even then it's only very marginally different. EVen the new ones are built very well, made in the USA and really are long time investments
I agree Larry. I bought Barb a KA 35 years ago and it's still runs perfectly we use it for grinding meat and making bread, great investment. The first couple of years she made 100 dozen cookies at Christmas so over the years it's been used a lot.

I agree Larry. I bought Barb a KA 35 years ago and it's still runs perfectly we use it for grinding meat and making bread, great investment. The first couple of years she made 100 dozen cookies at Christmas so over the years it's been used a lot.
Too bad I am not closer. I am sure things are getting "tired" in there and a good cleaning, relube with quality grease and total reset to factory spec would keep it humming perfectly for another 35 years

My guess is the cabinet is more appealing for decks and outdoor living spaces. Women gravitate to cabinets in my experience.
I had to laugh when I read this. We just replaced an old grill with a new Genesis II natural gasser. I let the lady of the house pick out the model, and she voted for the SE-335. She wanted the closed cart - maybe for the looks, but also because she was worried about squirrels getting into the grease pan. After assembling the thing, we noticed that there are large gaps in the cart walls. I suspect that any motivated squirrel would have no problem jumping in there, and heaven knows, those little buggers are clever and persistent. This hilarious experiment shows just how far they will go for a snack.

I've read the reports about rust on these grills, especially the ones with closed carts. Where are the trouble spots to watch? Are there any things that can be done to reduce or forestall the ravages of rust? Take the grill to a Ziebart shop? (kidding) I recall reading a suggestion that periodic sprays of stainless steel cleaner might help. (dubious)

Yep, those squirrels are very clever. I have one of those "squirrel resistant" bird feeders hanging from a tree. It worked for a while, but the crafty devils figured out that they could jump on it and swing it around and the food will fall to the ground. I guess I need to rig up a waxed pole to mount it on. If somehow they still get up to it, they won't be able to swing it around and the closer will cut off their food supply. Maybe.

Jon, I had problems with squirrels hitting the feeders on my deck. I won't tell you how I dealt with them for the first 10 years, but I finally found a solution. They would climb up the deck supports so, I went to Menards and bought some 18" aluminum flashing. I wrapped each deck 4x4 support with it and in the last two years, I have only seen two squirrels on my deck over the last two years where I would literally "dispatch" that many in a day before.

How those two got past the flashing, I don't know, but I am still happy with the 99% reduction. I suppose maybe they were somehow using the overlap seem in the flashing to bridge the 18" smooth flashing.

Parts only, but if you are up for the effort I guess. I don't see it as that much of a money maker.
You just never know until you see the inside! I have also brought grill parts I did not need (after some salvage) to the recyclers for some coin. I even took apart a Charbroil for some of the sheet metal as I am thinking of making a riser for my WGA.

Back