I will just leave this here

That is pretty amazing! Looks like it was kept unused out in the elements. I assume he has the cabinet parts not already on there.

If I was shopping for a large grill to use regularly and was in that kind of budget, this would definitely jump up ahead of the new grills that are out there. That, in spite of firebox issues, because of that all 304 stainless frame and cabinetry.

Their ads started popping up recently on OfferUp. Definitely too good to be true. I don't know what the angle is, but I'm certain it's a scam.
Yeah, I have seen them too. My limited scouting on the internet suggests a strong likelihood of scam. Hold on to your money! They advertise on OfferUp. I can't believe that OfferUp - which will strike down your ad if you reference "Chinese junk grills" - will allow them to freely list their obviously impossible deals.

Go ahead. Just know you will be donating $73 to Clyde's party fund and likely be sending you payment info for them to sell on the black market as well.

Only Used Twice....

Must have laid on the smoker chips pretty heavily on those two cooks!

If this is any indication of the local market, I am going to be getting $500 for my rehabs this summer.
What the heck are people thinking?

That one is for sure not worth $400, but I think some of YOUR nicest looking restores might be worth closer to $500 than you think!

Well, I have one just about exactly like that. Sear burner plus side burner and it is on my short list of grills to start the season. I guess we might find out. I was thinking about asking $400 for it.

LOL. Maybe I will push the price and see what happens. Hopefully I can get it done when Stimulus checks are landing in bank accounts.

If this is any indication of the local market, I am going to be getting $500 for my rehabs this summer.
What the heck are people thinking?

That a E330 I think. I sold my last one like that for $200 all cleaned up. Side burner but no sear burner.

This is the one I have. The cabinet floor looks salvageable too.

This is the original FB MP add. They guy never took it down and I bought it last fall.

Sorry guys, Here is the photo from the add:

I got the grill for $100. If I recall correctly, it has SS solid rod grates too.

122031230_10219473250850345_1862032073448860793_n.jpg

I guess my question is where is the money in these? We're all fans of the largely similar and more resilient OG boxy Genesis/Spirit models. Do people like these ones just because they have that late model appearance? The rust is so common on the interior tank ring, just seems like a no brainer to buy older for the used market.

People love the bling and the modern appearance in the stainless steel. They seem to love those in closed cabinets for some reason to. Rust is the last thing on their mind.

Yep, I hate it, but I think it is true that these grills are a much easier sell to the majority of people who aren't serious grill affectionados but who rather just want a modern looking, shiny grill. They don't know about the rust or any other issues. A shiny clean 300 series doesn't look all that different from a Genesis II to the average person. So, these would be easy flips were it not for the rust problem. If you can find ones where the bottom and especially the frame legs are in good shape, then they really aren't a bad grill to restore.

It is getting harder and harder to find 300 series grills that aren't rusted badly, however. I do know there are some restorers who prefer these for the above easier to sell reasons.

Back