I will just leave this here

What do you think about this one?

Here's something that I have never seen before. A Genesis 2000, I guess, but note the Skyline type basket and especially those BLACK removable trays. It could be something someone cobbled together and the trays are just painted black, but I wonder...If they are porcelain black they would be a cool thing to have with a Skyline or any black Genesis. The condiment rack is worth something, too.

The dual trays on the Gen 4xxx were pinstriped to match the pinstriping on the hood. (Were there any Gen 4 models made without pinstriping?) The trays were wood-trimmed on the ends as well. The Gen 4s, being an upscale model, also had the casters. I agree with LM, it's cobbled.

Yes, I do, too. So do you think those trays have been painted black, or was there possibly a special edition black grill (not a 4000) that offered those - and maybe even the wire condiment rack?

Jon, I think there are "Weber Wild Card" grills out there that were produced in limited quantities, maybe to balance or reduce parts inventories. It's part of what makes this hobby so much fun, the provenance.

And I'm sure the dealers had a large part of this, customizing a grill to make a sale.

I am thinking now that maybe someone lifted parts from a Genesis Silver B "Permamount" grill and put them on a regular frame. I could only find a manual online about this uncommon Weber. Can't say for sure from the small picture, but it looks like just maybe there is a black tray on one side, anyway.

What do you think about this one?

Here's something that I have never seen before. A Genesis 2000, I guess, but note the Skyline type basket and especially those BLACK removable trays.
I agree with Larry. My guess is that they are owner mods, not factory trays.

Platinum for sale $75 in Agoura Hills. It's fairly arid there, but there are no pics of inside the cabinet.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplac.../?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search

157141542_10159056341768482_978595825484629723_o.jpg

Not mine. And it's the first one I can remember in the past couple of years that wasn't listed at $200 or more.

Platinum for sale $75 in Agoura Hills. It's fairly arid there, but there are no pics of inside the cabinet.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplac.../?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search

Not mine. And it's the first one I can remember in the past couple of years that wasn't listed at $200 or more.
That is about my favorite Genesis. I really like the stainless, doors, and extra shelves that are also stainless. I would get that in a heart beat if it were in VA. One came up last year but I missed out. Plus it was $100 more.

This one just popped up a few minutes ago in my area. Anyone looking for a 1st gen Summit?

Attachments

• 1F3E5315-F0DC-4B4C-9DEE-791140925199.jpeg
    1F3E5315-F0DC-4B4C-9DEE-791140925199.jpeg
    609.4 KB · Views: 18

Yes they are awesome. I have two of them. One as a grill and one I converted into prep table and table for my little Q. One of got for free and the other for not much more.

Yes they are awesome. I have two of them. One as a grill and one I converted into prep table and table for my little Q. One of got for free and the other for not much more.
I would love to see a picture of your convert prep table for the Q

This one just popped up a few minutes ago in my area. Anyone looking for a 1st gen Summit?
That is incredible. They are such totally cool grills. The stupid firebox design is their one fatal flaw. I bought an identical one from Larry - a grill of legend, if you will, when it comes to this issue. After my tax season it is high on my list to explore options with some sheet metal shops to see what could be fabricated to keep these classics running.

I wouldn’t be able to pass on that one!

Nice looking grill. It seems to have a cast firebox. I am guessing that part is for the coals to go up and down? I think that new tray will last but if you ever need another you could probably just buy some expanded metal and bend up the sides. I am just spit balling here.

Thanks guys, I really like it. The moveable coal bed is such a great feature for temp control.

There’s a chain out here called Barbecues Galore. It was their house brand, Bar-B-Chef. The firebox and lid are stainless, but the coal bed and lift mechanism are carbon steel. The ones they sell now are full stainless, including the mechanism. They’re also a lot more money.

Back