I will just leave this here

LP. There is a hose and regulator. I also think that might be a spirit 900 or something like that. But not sure
It's LP since it has the original style scale too. Doesn't the side basket indicate it's a 1?

I was just poking fun at the ad because it "needs new fuel rod."

Yes, it is a Genesis 1 for the reasons noted. Still has two of the three original black knobs, too. The wild paint job could be undone and you would have a cool first generation Genesis. I personally think that side basket is a cool touch, along the lines of the Skyline condiment basket. Can't clearly see the left side table, but looks like maybe wide slats. That would make it a VERY EARLY model. It is missing the rack for half the bottom, but that isn't impossible to locate since it was used on later grills, too.

p.s. I hit a dead end with my first attempt to find a printer in my new locale, but I think I have one that can help me now. If so, I will soon be able to sell more fuel gauge decals including the one used on this very early Genesis with the metal bracket. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Cute Spirit in FL. Never seen one with a left side burner on an E/W burner.

Cute Spirit in FL. Never seen one with a left side burner on an E/W burner.
I think it is a stock 2007-2008 S-320 premium that was sold at Ace and other premium dealers.

SpiritSP320.jpg

The side burner is stock, not added later.

There is a wealth of information in all the old catalogs and brochures that Chris A. has collected.

J Grotz,

Thanks for finding that. That would be the one. These were the last gasps of the original Genesis basic design. The nice thing about this one is that you get a side-burner and still have a compact package. A Genesis with the extended cart and side-burner on the right is a pretty wide grill. Not as easy to move or find a place to fit on a small deck, etc. The bad thing is that with no flip-up tables, if you are using the side-burner you essentially have no place to set food down.

A cool mod of this grill would be to scarf frame legs and fold-up table(s) and from a Silver B so you would always have work space. Also, ditch that stainless hood in favor of a nice color one!

Last edited:
here's a better pic. I think the one for sale is missing the middle burner knob and the condiment baskets are reversed.

41osgZMSQDL._AC_.jpg

A cool mod of this grill would be to scarf frame legs and fold-up table(s) and from a Silver B so you would always have work space. Also, ditch that stainless hood in favor of a nice color one!
Did Weber offer any colors other than black and stainless in the center mounted thermometer hoods?

here's a better pic. I think the one for sale is missing the middle burner knob and the condiment baskets are reversed.

41osgZMSQDL._AC_.jpg
I think you nailed it that looks the same as the picture of that one for sale. That post on adding a burner obviously was not the same as this that was a Genesis B great detective work by the way. Personally I would rather have the side table with the dropdown , have a Silver C used that burner twice in 2 years to fry some oysters outside so the wife would not throw me out of the house. :)

Now I go to a cajun restaurant maybe 20 minutes away get my fried oyster fix there. Everyone happy.

That's a pretty nice specimen of that not all that common Weber. Missing the wire rack, but otherwise looks to have been cared for or at least painted up to look nice. I like the green hood.

I can't decide if I think these are among the coolest "classic" Genesis grills Weber made - or a dead end. When seen in person, it is a big, WIDE grill but obviously no more grill space than any other Genesis. Then look at the table set up. Yeah, very cool "wings" but on that one you really have only one side table in spite of how big this grill is. When I compare this model to the Silver/Gold of 5 or so years later, many with dual swing-up side tables, it seems way less practical. I like the heavy duty Summit frame and "macho" look this one has, but for practical cooking a newer Gold with the flip-up tables on both sides wins out.

I love the look. One just needs a good sized patio. Also, Vista is inland read (dry), so this should be a good example.

What do you think about this one?

Here's something that I have never seen before. A Genesis 2000, I guess, but note the Skyline type basket and especially those BLACK removable trays. It could be something someone cobbled together and the trays are just painted black, but I wonder...If they are porcelain black they would be a cool thing to have with a Skyline or any black Genesis. The condiment rack is worth something, too.

Last edited:
What do you think about this one?

Here's something that I have never seen before. A Genesis 2000, I guess, but note the Skyline type basket and especially those BLACK removable trays. It could be something someone cobbled together and the trays are just painted black, but I wonder...If they are porcelain black they would be a cool thing to have with a Skyline or any black Genesis. The condiment rack is worth something, too.

I like the trays but way overpriced.

Yah, that looks like the condiment basket off of a standalone Genesis grill. I also believe it on the wrong side of the grill. I am not familiar enough with the special side tables to know if those are custom or not. But, my guess is there has been some custom work done on that grill over the years.

Back