I saw Weber came out with a griddle. Anyone planning on purchasing?

Mike_S

TVWBB Member
It looks like Weber beat Traeger to the griddle game (by a matter of days), although it might still be several years too late since Blackstone is the Kleenex brand of griddles. I'd love to hear opinions from anyone who has purchased either of them.

Char-griller also has one and so does Sam's. I think I also saw a pit boss at Menards.
Alot of options, seems everyone is getting into it.
My Wife is bugging me to get one. She used to work the griddle at Ken-tones, a Chicago hot dog stand when we were newlyweds.
I have the half griddle on my Q2200 and a half moon/cast iron insert for my OTG, but she wants more real estate.

Already mentioned it to the MRS...................
All she said was " do we have room? "
Sounds promising as long as pricing is fair...I really don't need one.........

I'm currently in OKC settling my parent's estate, but as soon as I get back to Georgia I'll be buying one. I have a small single burner griddle that came with our camper that I have used and like pretty well. But, never pulled the trigger on a bigger one until Weber came out with one. It's finally here.

I'm currently in OKC settling my parent's estate, but as soon as I get back to Georgia I'll be buying one. I have a small single burner griddle that came with our camper that I have used and like pretty well. But, never pulled the trigger on a bigger one until Weber came out with one. It's finally here.
When you buy, would you please send me the two-letter date code from the serial number so I can add Griddles as a category to How To Determine The Age Of Weber Grills & Smokers?

I think adding some kind of griddle capacity to your gasser is a no brainer.

Great for shrimp, veggies, smashburgers, cheesesteaks. And also really good for searing (hot metal sears better than hot air). Other than cooking messy bacon outside, personally I don't feel the need to cook breakfast on my grill.

There's a lot of existing griddle options that will give you half griddle and half grate. I like that set up and use it a lot. My griddle is flat side of GrillGrates, so I have the option of doing all rails, all flat or half/half. I use all three iterations.

If you want half/half, consider one of the existing options. If you want a full griddle, the new Weber looks great.

The 36” is currently sold out but I can see that worth dealing with you know who to acquire one. I added my email address to be notified when it comes in. Seems reasonably priced.

Last edited:
Yep, if I wanted a large one it's where I would go. Good price, features and Member's Mark guarantee

The 36” is currently sold out but I can see that worth dealing with you know who to acquire one. I added my email address to be notified when it comes in. Seems reasonably priced.
Much cheaper than Traegers!

I don't think Camp Chef gets enough love in the griddle category. Blackstone might have the name recognition but I chose the the Camp Chef for build quality and features when comparing head to head. 3 seasons later with my FTG-600 and still no regrets. The new Weber doesn't move the needle for me.

I have a 22" Blackstone that was sold only through WM that I purchased 2-3 years ago. Mine is very similar to the enclosed attachment except mine has SS handles & only cost me $99!

Same here got table, hood and griddle for 104.00 tax included!

I've already got a 36 inch Blackstone, but if I didn't I'd be all over the Weber. Maybe when it comes times to replace the Blackstone. I love a griddle. It's pretty much replaced my Genesis for quick cooks. If I really want to grill I fire up my kettle.

Back