I saw Weber came out with a griddle. Anyone planning on purchasing?

It's amazing how much crap people really think they need. When a Thick Quality cast iron pan does exactly the same thing even maybe better. :rolleyes:
I have an entire Lodge cast iron collection to use on all my grills. But, go ahead and try smashing 6 burger patties, grilling onions, and toasting all the buns at the same time. Lol.

I have a small single burner griddle that we got with our camper. I've been using it as an interim to see how much I like griddling. I did the scenario above this week and had to do the patties in two stages, onions, and buns all separate. Took over 30 minutes. Immediately I knew I needed a griddle to do them all at once

I brought home this beautiful girl today.

PXL_20230824_183645250.jpg

Here she is in her new home.

PXL_20230824_185130347.MP.jpg

Seasoning now. Many cooks to come. Stay tuned. Lol

So, I seasoned it this afternoon and I had fajita chicken ready for tonight so I decided to do it on the griddle.

Now, I'm Mr. Charcoal and I am not going to start grilling chicken on the griddle instead of my performer. But, damn if this griddle isn't fun to cook on.

Started with onions.... Two left burners on, far right burner off for a cool zone

PXL_20230824_224004643.jpg
Chicken on hot side, onions to cool side

PXL_20230824_225622792.jpg

PXL_20230824_230737382.jpg

Tostadas with pinto beans. Came out great.

PXL_20230824_232302479.jpg

This griddle really performed well. Got hot quick and I was able to maintain two zones for cooking. I'm very happy to have this griddle. Mostly for burgers, grilled vegetables, and breakfast. But, I have my eye on quesadillas, Philly's, grilled meat sandwiches.... Definitely happy with the purchase.

So, I seasoned it this afternoon and I had fajita chicken ready for tonight so I decided to do it on the griddle.

Now, I'm Mr. Charcoal and I am not going to start grilling chicken on the griddle instead of my performer. But, damn if this griddle isn't fun to cook on.

Started with onions.... Two left burners on, far right burner off for a cool zone

View attachment 77760
Chicken on hot side, onions to cool side

View attachment 77759

View attachment 77757

Tostadas with pinto beans. Came out great.

View attachment 77758

This griddle really performed well. Got hot quick and I was able to maintain two zones for cooking. I'm very happy to have this griddle. Mostly for burgers, grilled vegetables, and breakfast. But, I have my eye on quesadillas, Philly's, grilled meat sandwiches.... Definitely happy with the purchase.
Nice!!

Back