I saw Weber came out with a griddle. Anyone planning on purchasing?

Other than making them "fancy", there is not much to them. Just a large thick flat piece of steel with some burners under it.

Not very impressed with the videos I saw on these. I think if I was gonna make the move the trager Flatrock looks like a much better option.

So, today I went to the Champion BBQ super store here in OKC. They have a 4 burner Halo Elite griddle on display. Holy cow that thing is amazing.

I can't believe how beautifully designed that griddle is. 8 zone burner system, double walled lid for closed lid cooking, magnetic level and wrench for easy leveling, folding warming rack, spatula sized grease management hole for also scraping your spatula, and covered grease collection receptacle.

I'm still going to buy the Weber griddle, because that is what I do, but wow that Halo griddle is amazing.

Even though the guy in the video above didn't cook on it, he slams it on appearance. These new ventures for Weber products reminds of the old saying. "A day late & a dollar short."

Wish he would have shown it in action. I really don't have any experience with griddles so I won't comment on it further.

I have a 36”, think I’ve had it for two years now.

I’ll be honest, it’s absolute junk. You guys harp about Weber using thin metal and I can say, don’t even look at a Blackstone then. The entire cart is super cheap and slapped together, it was rusting brand new out of the box and I live in the driest climate save for the south west.

The knobs are cheap, the igniter is cheap and lights burner 4 maybe half the time, the cover has hooks to hang but you can’t hang while you cook because the grease tray is right in the way. Dumb.

I love the griddle itself, it’s awesome. But the cart and knobs are total garbage. Yes, I will likely add the Weber to the collection. It looks better already.

I think he indicates a follow up will be put out with cooking on it. But, sorry, I gotta say compared to this https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-...er-gas-griddle/prod26361712?xid=plp_product_8 it looks awfully "chintzy" for the $$$$ I would definitely be all over the MM version before the Weber
I have looked at this in close scrutiny and honestly it's hard for me to see how they put so much quality in it at the price point.

Even though the guy in the video above didn't cook on it, he slams it on appearance. These new ventures for Weber products reminds of the old saying. "A day late & a dollar short."
Not just appearance BTW he takes some serious issues with build quality and "solidity".

Is there any benefit to a dedicated griddle vs the Weber full size inserts for your current gas grill?

It would save space on your deck. But, other than that, you can get a standalone griddle for not much more than the Weber insert.

Yah, for me it would not get a ton of use probably. But just watching him make those Cheesesteak tacos shows me they do have a real use. Trying to do that kind of thing on the stove would be a nightmare and a huge mess.

If someone gave me a griddle , I'm not sure what I'd cook on it.

Not trying to be a naysayer, just thinking though what I cook, and if I'd want to go outside to cook pancakes.
All types of breakfast, fried rice, fajitas, Philly cheese steak, smash burgers etc.

Yah, if a guy is really into breakfast food, then a griddle would be ideal. But that isn't the only foods you could do on a griddle. Heck, no reason you can't slap a ribeye down on that thing.

If someone gave me a griddle , I'm not sure what I'd cook on it.

Not trying to be a naysayer, just thinking though what I cook, and if I'd want to go outside to cook pancakes.
I have no need interest in cooking breakfast on my grill. Except bacon since you keep the grease smoke outside.

Outdoor flat top is great for shrimp veggies smash burgers cheesesteaks. I would not be without it.

Also great for searing. Flat hot metal (like a ci skillet) sears like nobodies business. My go to when cooking steaks.

I have no need interest in cooking breakfast on my grill. Except bacon since you keep the grease smoke outside.

Outdoor flat top is great for shrimp veggies smash burgers cheesesteaks. Also use it instead of a stone for cooking pizza. I would not be without it.

Also great for searing. Flat hot metal (like a ci skillet) sears like nobodies business. My go to when cooking steaks.

Back