I made Bruno's Chimichurri tonight

Holy crap both of those photos are out of this world!!! That second photo is magazine worthy. How did you do the potatoes?

Looks awesome!! Good looking dinner right there, I love the color the chimichurri adds.
Glad you enjoyed it!

Beautiful looking meal, Jim, and Michael is right.....that second photo is a beauty (I always have weird stuff in the background of mine!) :)

I made a chimichurri to go with my Picahna last year, and it was ok. I was eyeing this one when Bruno posted it the other day, so will now copy/paste it into a recipe file so I can make some up on the next steak night.

R

Well just for the record it’s not really my Chimichurri, just a great one I found on the the old Google machine. The whole family loves this one!!
I have played around with the recipe and gone real hot or extra garlic, it’s just gooood!!

I have played around with the recipe and gone real hot or extra garlic, it’s just gooood!!

I have to admit, I was a bit worried about the pepper and garlic and scaled both back a tad. I'll go full up next time.

Update: I have tried a few chimichurri recipes and never been totally satisfied. But I made the linked recipe, and boy was it great on a ribeye. The ingredients in most recipes are similar, but this one hit it just right for my taste buds.

I don't usually care for sauces and such on a steak, but this chimichurri is a great companion.

Thanks for the recipe tip.

Personally if I have a good piece of meat, such as a prime cut ribeye I don’t want anything to get in its way. Not to say this recipe might help a lesser grade of meat.

Back