I finally got one! WRK that is.

Ken Chapman

TVWBB Fan
I've been watching craigslist for what seems like forever. Then Wednesday morning the Crown Jewel showed up, but the CL ad said it was posted 5 days ago. I didn't want to get my hopes up, but at the same time I didn't want to miss out! So, I took my chances and sent off an email asking if it was still available. The day went by and I didn't hear anything back, I pretty much gave up on it. Then, Thursday afternoon, I get an email saying it was still available. Excitement returns! I left work, jumped in the car and drove over an hour up to his house/ranch. I pull up and it was sitting in the driveway, its very dirty but in good condition. He said he bought it new about 15 years ago and used it often for the first 10 years but its just been sitting in his barn for the last 5 years. I asked why he was selling it and he said he was selling everything and heading off in his 5th wheel. He was only asking $250 and I thought that was more than fair. ;) So, I handed him the money and loaded it into my Tahoe. I got it home and now my daughter cant wait to use it. :ranchkettle:

I only took the one picture but I will take some more once its all cleaned up.

This thing is big! I've seen them in the store before, but when its at home, it sure is a lot bigger than I expected. My wife thinks I'm crazy for buying this since we are moving in 2 weeks, but I got such a great deal on it, I couldn't pass it up. I do have one little problem though; Once I get to my new house has RV access into the back yard, but the current house just has a 3 foot wide gate. Not sure, how or if I'm going to get it into the back yard, I might just have to use it in the garage, until I move.

Have great weekend everyone!

Nice score Ken, and it looks to be in good condition for being 15 years old in the picture.
Dirty yes, but who's bbq isn't.

Now you'll have to clean it to get it dirty again haha.

I bet that was a tight squeeze in the Tahoe!

Way to get it. Admit it, you're moving to accommodate your new grill :)

Right on Ken! I new someone would snag it. I responded to the ad 10 hours after it was posted and was going to get it but the water pump on my silverado decided to fail on me.

Back