Hump Day Brisket

russ olin

TVWBB Platinum Member
Lone Mtn Wagyu Brisket. M1 stick burner. Hickory wood for BTU. 6 hours, 275*, Wrapped in brown paper another 4 hours @ 200*. Rested wrapped in towel in cooler for 2 hours. Sliced and you can see the results. Old school BBQ at my house at its best.
uQ2wjLy.jpg

UwDrxuJ.jpg

Was it as good as it looked? Absolutely!
Thats why I love tending a wood fire,
Thanks for looking,
Russ-Deb

Russ,
That brisket looks amazing! I have never heard of an M1 grill so I went looking, WOW!!!

That is a super cool cooker. I think it just jumped to the top of my If I win the lottery what grill would I buy list. Can you share more about your experience and thought on the cooker. It just seems so cool!

Last edited:
Russ,
That brisket looks amazing! I have never heard of an M1 grill so I went looking, WOW!!!

That is a super cool cooker. I think it just jumped to the top of my If I win the lottery what grill would I buy list. Can you share more about your experience and thought on the cooker. It just seems so cool!
Michael, I love the M1. because it can do so many things. Underneath the bottom is a insulated fire pit when you just want to use fire wood & use it solely as a smoker. Or if you want to grill it has a moveable charcoal grate with a hand crank to move the charcoal up or down. You can grill direct over or off side direct. Which I do a lot of such as chicken wings. Its heavy steel so once it gets hot it hold the heat. I use mine year round even in zero degree weather. The design has been updated since I bought mine 2 yrs ago. M grills in Texas is thriving. They just opened a new shop & are building smokers from little to huge. They are also looking for help. Them Texans sure do know how to build pits. Good luck you may find a used one & save a little money.

Russ, how you been? That's some fine Brisket. We need more action shots from you, your setups are over the top
ChuckO, we are doing fine. Always watching the site & seeing what everyone else is up to. Seems to be more of a gas grill/pellet site these days. But I just do my thing. Stay safe & stay healthy.

Back