How about some good music links?

The best music link I've found in a while, last Saturday night , from the LOCKN Festival in Virginia, the Tedeschi Trucks Band joined by Trey Anatasia of Phish ......... they cover almost all of Derek and The Dominoes album " Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs " ....... and they do a fantastic job of paying tribute to Eric Clapton .......... this old fella really enjoyed this .....

I've seen TTB three times, twice in Tulsa at The Brady theatre. One of those times was their " Wheels of Soul " tour with Los Lobos.

And I saw them once here in OKC at an ampitheatre , but we had the remnants of a tropical storm move over the city that day and it brought torrential rains. Me and Mrs Dollar were in our seats on the third row but it was a very small crowd. But TTB played their butts off and gave us our money's worth. After a while, we forgot about trying to stay dry. Good thing it was in June and temps were warm.

But I would buy a ticket to see TTB in a heartbeat, they just don't get though Oklahoma very often.

Wow Bob that was amazing!
I love how good music transcends time, space and cultures.
Classics will never die.

Tim

Oh, WOW. Now I thoroughly regret not having watched this sooner.

Bob, I don't know if I should shake your hand and stand you to a tasty beverage, or kick you in the shins. Playing For Change is one heck of rabbit hole to go down. My g/f & I have just spent an hour and half spinning through some of the tracks.

I still have The Band's "best of" LP album.
This rendition of The Weight is killer!

That was awesome. Thanks for sharing, Bob. I first heard of Marcus King about two years ago, when a friend asked me to go with him to a show at a small club downtown. I was blown away. You're right, this rendition is killer.

Glad you all enjoyed it.
Funny thing is, I've heard The Weight untold times on my LP and always thought it was "Take a load off Manny" until I looked up the lyrics after finding this video.

tag it with [ video ] then [ / video ], or click on the filmstrip that's just to the right of the image icon (on PC, not sure on mobile or anything else)

Back