How about some good music links?

Cliff Bartlett

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Guess I live in the past, music wise. :)
Felt a little twinge of nostalgia here Bob. As a kid growing up in a small town in Northern California, I wasn't exposed to Soul and R&B. That all changed when I went into the Army. Found myself in a multi-cultural environment with guys from all over the country. I still love to listen to the Temptations, Four Tops, Sam and Dave, Otis Redding..... Music is a gateway to the past.

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Originally Posted by Jim Lampe
I believe Emmylou is a few years older than you, my dear friend Bob Correll… She must have been new on the scene if she was one of your dad's favorite... although I believe she was doing it since '70...
She is one month younger than I am, so we both were 57 when dad passed in 2004 at age 84.
Pretty sure she she had a number of songs out by then. :p
two months, Bob.
and you are correct.
by '84, she won 3 Grammy Awards (14 overall) and 1 Country Music Award (3 overall).
Your dad had great taste in music (among other things, I am sure) :eek:

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB Hall of Fame
My go to for the most part when I’m by myself is my Bill Monroe pandora station.
Blues and Bluegrass (old school mostly) but, I did mix a CD I named “Bill to Barry” that would be “Monroe to White” pretty broad musical interest on my lists.
Emmy Lou holds a special place given her style! And she is not hard on the eye either!
Try you tubing some stuff from Jim Ringer, I knew him, hard living fellow, I wish I’d been able to make him dinner a few times, I think he would have had a good time.
I’ve cooked for a bunch of bluegrass folks, always a good time, making music with something smoking or grilling away is one of my favorite summertime joys!

Last edited:

Bob Correll

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
two months, Bob.
and you are correct.
by '84, she won 3 Grammy Awards (14 overall) and 1 Country Music Award (3 overall).
Your dad had great taste in music (among other things, I am sure) :eek:
I always try to skip March, so baseball season gets here sooner. :p

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
I want a link to your pandora!

One of my good friends moved to New Mexico back in ~2002, he called the other day & mentioned Stick Figure and The Maveriks, I hadn't heard of either of them but he loved SF, & hadn't heard of The Mavericks (country-ish he said) until he met his wife, & they've seen them a bunch of times. I just sent the Opie Taylor song to him :)

Clint

TVWBB Olympian

This is another friend's favorites - whenever he brings up this band it's always "fear: the record"; he must be the biggest Beck fan I know.

His kids are into Black Flag so they're not all bad :)

JeffG

TVWBB Guru
I want a link to your pandora! ....< never had it.Sorry Clint.
Old school mixed tapes and burning discs, I just signed up to spotify though.hehe
i'm basically stuck in the 80's but still love new music like above.

I like the Stick Figures album, and don't get me started on PunK Rock, i saw plenty of bands at the Cuckoo's Nest (nightclub)< if you've heard of it.
All my friends thought i went off the deep end, when i started playing Black Flag, Vandals,TSOL,Circle Jerks, The Crowd.

Here's a Video of The Crowd using my garage in Newport Beach for a video...Jimmy Deckers (Lead Singer) sons skating up to the garage..

The played that song 5 times really loud for the video and the Coppers never showed up.....Fun Times for sure.

Last edited:

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
:)

That had to be fun! I can't imagine living so close to the ocean. We rented a place near Balboa & I've been up & down the coast just a bit. I'm a little jealous right now :)