How about some good music links?

Guess I live in the past, music wise. :)

Felt a little twinge of nostalgia here Bob. As a kid growing up in a small town in Northern California, I wasn't exposed to Soul and R&B. That all changed when I went into the Army. Found myself in a multi-cultural environment with guys from all over the country. I still love to listen to the Temptations, Four Tops, Sam and Dave, Otis Redding..... Music is a gateway to the past.

Originally Posted by Jim Lampe
I believe Emmylou is a few years older than you, my dear friend Bob Correll… She must have been new on the scene if she was one of your dad's favorite... although I believe she was doing it since '70...

She is one month younger than I am, so we both were 57 when dad passed in 2004 at age 84.
Pretty sure she she had a number of songs out by then. :p
two months, Bob.
and you are correct.
by '84, she won 3 Grammy Awards (14 overall) and 1 Country Music Award (3 overall).
Your dad had great taste in music (among other things, I am sure) :eek:

My go to for the most part when I’m by myself is my Bill Monroe pandora station.
Blues and Bluegrass (old school mostly) but, I did mix a CD I named “Bill to Barry” that would be “Monroe to White” pretty broad musical interest on my lists.
Emmy Lou holds a special place given her style! And she is not hard on the eye either!
Try you tubing some stuff from Jim Ringer, I knew him, hard living fellow, I wish I’d been able to make him dinner a few times, I think he would have had a good time.
I’ve cooked for a bunch of bluegrass folks, always a good time, making music with something smoking or grilling away is one of my favorite summertime joys!

Last edited:
two months, Bob.
and you are correct.
by '84, she won 3 Grammy Awards (14 overall) and 1 Country Music Award (3 overall).
Your dad had great taste in music (among other things, I am sure) :eek:
I always try to skip March, so baseball season gets here sooner. :p

I want a link to your pandora!

One of my good friends moved to New Mexico back in ~2002, he called the other day & mentioned Stick Figure and The Maveriks, I hadn't heard of either of them but he loved SF, & hadn't heard of The Mavericks (country-ish he said) until he met his wife, & they've seen them a bunch of times. I just sent the Opie Taylor song to him :)

This is another friend's favorites - whenever he brings up this band it's always "fear: the record"; he must be the biggest Beck fan I know.

His kids are into Black Flag so they're not all bad :)

I want a link to your pandora! ....< never had it.Sorry Clint.
Old school mixed tapes and burning discs, I just signed up to spotify though.hehe
i'm basically stuck in the 80's but still love new music like above.

I like the Stick Figures album, and don't get me started on PunK Rock, i saw plenty of bands at the Cuckoo's Nest (nightclub)< if you've heard of it.
All my friends thought i went off the deep end, when i started playing Black Flag, Vandals,TSOL,Circle Jerks, The Crowd.

Here's a Video of The Crowd using my garage in Newport Beach for a video...Jimmy Deckers (Lead Singer) sons skating up to the garage..

The played that song 5 times really loud for the video and the Coppers never showed up.....Fun Times for sure.

Last edited:
:)

That had to be fun! I can't imagine living so close to the ocean. We rented a place near Balboa & I've been up & down the coast just a bit. I'm a little jealous right now :)

Back