How about some good music links?

Am I the only one here rehabbing Weber's with Metallica playing?

As talented as I think Metallica is/are, not somebody I generally listen to. And that sort of music should be listened to with a pint in my fist in a small pub in Ireland, listening to the locals play. Having said that, I really enjoy this version, especially the intro:

I think the Killdares are no more but I believe they were out of Dallas. I've seen then play in Wichita Falls several times and once at the State Fair in Dallas. It was always a great show.

Can't forget about Tool either.

That's a good listen right there. That got me listening to more of the progressive rock in my library. Apparently I've been listening to it a lot since I keep getting recommendations of other bands "similar to Tool" from Google Play Music. After trying out a few of those, I had to make a progressive rock playlist that built up quite fast with my collection of Rush, Yes, David Gilmore, ELP, and additions from "other bands I might like" such as IQ, King Crimson, Rocket Scientists, Vanden Plas, and Gandalf's Fist. It's actually a great playlist for sitting out on the deck cooking on the Webers.

Nice covers, but I prefer the original.:)
wyQ-tScuzwM

Tim

With all due respect, this old guy has a different opinion about "good music" than some of you guys do.
Guess I live in the past, music wise. :)

Emmylou was one of my dad's favorites. He also liked real country music.
I believe Emmylou is a few years older than you, my dear friend Bob Correll… She must have been new on the scene if she was one of your dad's favorite... although I believe she was doing it since '70...

I believe Emmylou is a few years older than you, my dear friend Bob Correll… She must have been new on the scene if she was one of your dad's favorite... although I believe she was doing it since '70...
She is one month younger than I am, so we both were 57 when dad passed in 2004 at age 84.
Pretty sure she she had a number of songs out by then. :p

Back