Honda Lawn Mowers to be Discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will see, but I think you may be in for a surprise.
Cars and small SUV'S already have the smallest gas powered engines possible, the only reason why auto manufacturers haven't started peddling this and all EV trucks is because that's what they make the most money on. It's still coming though, make no mistake.

When I took flight crew training up in MSP for Delta there was 2 days dedicated to fighting LiOn battery fires taught by the MSP fire dept at KMSP. They're not joke. And recently, a United Airlines plane was brought down in a hurried emergency landing because of LiOn battery fire onboard.

Nothing ever goes away completely, as I witnessed last year in Indiana, but things do change and sometimes for the better.

IMG_4295.jpg

"There is nothing permanent except change." - Heraclitus (Greek philosopher, c. 535 BCE-c. 475 BCE)

“Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.” – Arnold Bennett (British novelist, playwright, critic, and essayist, 1867-1931)

Nothing ever goes away completely, as I witnessed last year in Indiana, but things do change and sometimes for the better.

View attachment 68548

"There is nothing permanent except change." - Heraclitus (Greek philosopher, c. 535 BCE-c. 475 BCE)

“Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.” – Arnold Bennett (British novelist, playwright, critic, and essayist, 1867-1931)
The horse and buggy are a daily sight for me. Kalona is the largest Amish settlement West of the Mississippi. I have a hitching post outside that gets used on a nearly daily basis.

View attachment 68548

The bad news is- nothing lasts forever.

The good news is- nothing lasts forever…lol

I bought a new Honda Mower last year gave the 16 year old Honda it replaced to my son-in-law. Should be all set until I can't mow the lawn anymore. I only run non-ethanol gas in my mower and blower have not had a problem with carbs ever since I started doing this 5 years ago. A little more pricey for the gas but its worth it.

I bought a Husqvarna mower with a B&S 4 stroke about 5-6 years ago for the beach house lawn...where grass lawns are the exception. Think it cost $225 on sale at Lowes. It stays under a staircase storage area, uncovered and it most definitely gets wet all winter long. I put fresh gas in it in the Spring...starts on the third pull. First pull every time thereafter, all season long. I've not done anything to it but sharpen the blade and changed the air filter once.
B&S claims you don't need to change the oil, just add as needed. ...OK.
It works great and I'm keeping it until it doesn't. I'll get another similar if/when it dies.

Bet on the fact that gas and diesel vehicles will be around far longer than you speculate.
Well there's still trains/cars that run on steam, coal, diesel and electric. There will always be gas, and diesel to some extent. I'm saying the vast majority will not be. There's nothing sustainable including oil, petroleum or anything mined. There may always be, but at some point it will be too expensive or hard to extract. There's evolution in every aspect of human life.

honda outdoor power equipment engines are legendary
That’s why I was surprised Honda is getting out of the lawn mower business.

They have a cult like following and their reputation hasn’t been tarnished by factors common with other producers- cheaping out on design/ materials and outsourcing to China manufacturing.

As others have inferred in this thread, Honda must be reading the tea leaves and seeing “git while the gitting is good”.

In my opinion.

As others have inferred in this thread, Honda must be reading the tea leaves and seeing “git while the gitting is good”.
Yup its possible for the lawn mowers but those engines I imagine will continue to power pressure washers which mine has, reel mowers, aerators and so on. Its gonna be a long time before electric will be able to power those for a long enough duration.

Yup its possible for the lawn mowers but those engines I imagine will continue to power pressure washers which mine has, reel mowers, aerators and so on. Its gonna be a long time before electric will be able to power those for a long enough duration.
And generators.

Honda inverter generators are also legendary. I would buy a few of those if they announced they were stopping production.

I have both Honda lawn mower and eu2000i generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back