Honda Lawn Mowers to be Discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there's still trains/cars that run on steam, coal, diesel and electric. There will always be gas, and diesel to some extent. I'm saying the vast majority will not be. There's nothing sustainable including oil, petroleum or anything mined. There may always be, but at some point it will be too expensive or hard to extract. There's evolution in every aspect of human life.
Do you have any idea how long it would take for electric to overtake gas/diesel as the dominant means of transportation?

By your posts, the answer is no. No you don’t. Almost everyone posting on this forum (or lurking in the shadows) would be dead before that ever happened. And that’s assuming we had an electrical grid that could sustain.

Stop believing all the lies being spoon fed to you. There are proven oil reserves for another several generations, oil ain’t anywhere close to being dead.

Over 100 years ago, there was a battle for transportation supremacy, primarily between gasoline, electric and steam. The superior mode won over, and still remains so. Regardless of bogus talking points.

Do you have any idea how long it would take for electric to overtake gas/diesel as the dominant means of transportation?
No I have no idea I agree with you on that point and I will certainly be dead when that happens but it will happen. You need to chill out its a discussion thread no need to bash people or insult them because again its a discussion thread. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

By your posts, the answer is no. No you don’t. Almost everyone posting on this forum (or lurking in the shadows) would be dead before that ever happened. And that’s assuming we had an electrical grid that could sustain.

Stop believing all the lies being spoon fed to you. There are proven oil reserves for another several generations, oil ain’t anywhere close to being dead.

Over 100 years ago, there was a battle for transportation supremacy, primarily between gasoline, electric and steam. The superior mode won over, and still remains so. Regardless of bogus talking points.
I do have an idea or two. All it takes is legislation to change anything in this world and quickly at that. It also only takes auto manufacturers to get huge kick backs to do so. They're also in the game to make money.

Pretty bold statement on your end. I could ask my 97 year old neighbor which I already have what types of things she could have never imagined seeing in her life time. I also asked my grandparents those types of questions. I'd say your rather narrow minded. I'd imagine with your broad views you see the future like no one else here?

Well, how do you know what I've been "spoon" fed or if it's wrong? Maybe what you listen to and gulp down is wrong. I love playing the game of using a broad brush to paint everyone else's views as wrong. Only my views are correct.

Who said oil was close to being dead? I think what I said was its not sustainable, nothing is that mother earth gives us. I also stated there will always be, because we can't take it all because at some point it won't be cost effective to do so. Just so you can understand some of what I'm getting at. How many people ever thought something in common every day life would get replaced say like a steam engine or a coal burning furnace or a 2 stroke motor and on and on. I hate to burst your bubble, but nothing is forever in this country. By the way you're the only one that has responded with bogus talking points so far.

I might rip out my front Lawn. It takes a lot of water and the only mammals that enjoy it are deer and dogs and I think they enjoy pooping on it more than anything.

My back lawn is small, about 700 sq ft and could probably be cut with a push reel mower.

I might rip out my front Lawn. It takes a lot of water and the only mammals that enjoy it are deer and dogs and I think they enjoy pooping on it more than anything.

My back lawn is small, about 700 sq ft and could probably be cut with a push reel mower.
Yeah, yards get much larger with a push reel mower. Unfortunately that experience was mine from 1989 to 1991. It seemed way more enjoyable when I pushed one 20 ft strip for my grandfather and handed it back over.

I certainly don't have anything against electric cars or lawn equipment, but there are a couple of things to be considered if all gasoline powered machines are to be replaced by them. Our ability to generate more electric power would have to be upgraded, and not by covering the entire country with solar panels and windmills. I do think installing solar panels on the roofs of buildings and homes is helpful and practical however. The other problem is that the material to make all of these new batteries needs to be mined. Will it be the new coal mining, dirty and bad for the environment? What happens when enough lithium can't be mined cost effectively, or we don't have access to it because they won't allow it to be mined in our own country? Just some things I wonder about.

Ha, I stopped watering my lawn years ago, water got way too expensive to waste on that plus then I have to cut it more. I figure if the grass needs my help to live, then it doesn't deserve to.

We have a large south facing front yard- all lawn.

Perfect area for a solar panel array.

Just waiting until the technology gets a little better.

No more lawn to cut.

Believe it or not I have one of those in my back garage. Been sitting untouched for many years
If I had a smaller yard of high-quality turf I'd definitely consider a reel mower, push or power depending on the square footage.

But I don't water and don't fertilize, so rotary mower it is. It doesn't have to be grass; if it's green and it covers the dirt I'm good with it.;)

Nice machine. Bigger than mine. If you look at my posts from last spring you can see all the work I did on it. Did a nice cosmetic resto on it. Oddly back when i had gasoline tractors (my old Allis Chalmers B series), then my Queen Mary sized Simplicity Sovereign, the little Honda 4514 I has last. When I would come in the house I smelled terribly of gasoline exhaust fumes. But no such malady from the Kubota. Would like to have a smaller deck. 60" is over kill, but it's how it came LOL
Wow - found the thread on your Kubota restoration, Larry. Very nice work. Looks like the paint went on really nice. I like the LED headlight conversion. Can't have too much light.

Funny, the salesman tried to sell me the 60 inch deck but I insisted on the 54 due to my lumpy yard. So, the deck looks a little small for the tractor (but it's allowed by Kubota).

Wow - found the thread on your Kubota restoration, Larry. Very nice work. Looks like the paint went on really nice. I like the LED headlight conversion. Can't have too much light.

Funny, the salesman tried to sell me the 60 inch deck but I insisted on the 54 due to my lumpy yard. So, the deck looks a little small for the tractor (but it's allowed by Kubota).
Yeah, the 60 is crazy over kill for me. Really a 48" or 54" would be a lot better. That 60" deck weighs nearly 400lbs on it's own, and at going on 72 getting that beast out from under for servicing is getting "hard". It's also a "scalper" on my culverts and such. If I could find a way to stick a Simplicity deck under it (they're the finest cutting decks ever made as they never scalp) I would do it. The machine I had prior was actually a perfect size for my lot. It was a little Honda 4514 (2 cyl water cooled engine hydro trans shaft driven) with a 42" deck. A little more maneuverable than the Kubota "Queen Mary" but the power steering does help :D
I can't find a snap shot of it but this is a video link from 3 years ago of my grandson on it. And the second one is our little granddaughter last summer being exposed to the Kubota. Thinking she'd be scared to death. Nope. She cried like crazy when the ride was over LOL.

Deleted the last two posts and closed this thread, as I anticipate more bickering between members. This thread has run its course, let's move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back