Homecoming Ribeyes

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Middle kid is home from school for the Thanksgiving break. She has been an off/on vegetarian the last few years, so when I asked her what she wanted for dinner, I was pleasantly surprised to hear......"Steak!" Don't need to tell me twice! :)

2x 2lb bone-in ribeyes (don't ask what they cost me!):

1637553409141.jpeg

Put them on the pellet pooper at 250F until 129F internal (about an hour and 20 minutes), then seared 'em up on grill grates that I had in storage in the Genny Platinum:

1637553437935.jpeg

Perfecto!:

1637553451095.jpeg

Sides were done in CI in the oven (my dad's Lodge on the left, 90 year old Griswold on the right):

1637553486815.jpeg

.....and, for toast/sandwiches for the week, an loaf of deli rye:

1637553510700.jpeg

A blissful Sunday in my book!

R

Heck yeah Rich - gotta feed those kids well when they come home from college. Looks like my son will be going to a college in state next fall, but about 2 hours down I-44. I'm hoping he comes home at least once a month :cry::) being sad but proud at the same time is a weird feeling.

Heck yeah Rich - gotta feed those kids well when they come home from college. Looks like my son will be going to a college in state next fall, but about 2 hours down I-44. I'm hoping he comes home at least once a month :cry::) being sad but proud at the same time is a weird feeling.
Yeah, John, we miss 'em when they are gone, but love watching them continue sprouting into great humans! My youngest will head out next Fall, and we'll be empty nesting it from there!

Once my older two were in off-campus housing, I hooked them up with Q200/2000's grills and taught 'em how to use 'em. I get some good pics from them every now and then feeding themselves and their friends off the grills! :)

R

Sounds like you've got some great kids Rich. Those steaks look really good also, around here buying a couple of steaks like that would be like a car loan payment. Barb and I remember those days. But our youngest is 44 and the oldest turned 50 this year, how time fly's.

Looks great, and have to agree 100% on the homecoming cook. My twins are home, second one got home Wednesday just in time for dinner, so grilled up 4 filets for the family. Happy to have them home !!!

Back