Have you got your covid vaccine yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I got our second shot yesterday, and it was basically a repeat of our first. Parked within 50 feet of the door, walked right in. Spent zero time in line, waited about 2 minutes sitting in chairs. Got our shots, waited 15 minutes and then drove home. Our hospital group (Novant) did an excellent job in setting up and administering a mass vaccination site in a former Sears store. And as before, I had no reaction to the shot, while my wife had a sore arm and a mild headache.

Got my first shot (Pfizer) this past Saturday at a local CVS. Sore arm developed that night, into Sunday, but gone in 24 hours. Second appointment all set for the 20th!

My state just opened it up for my age group yesterday. I'm scheduled for my first shot next Friday. My wife actually got an opening earlier, but she's driving a couple towns over, and I was looking for an excuse to take some time off on a Friday afternoon.

The wife and I got the second Moderna dose yesterday...hardly anyone there, maybe because of threatening rain, in and out in ~25 minutes. It started raining on the drive home so we got lucky.

The day after the 2nd dose was a little rocky for me...the wife was fine. I highly recommend not scheduling anything on the calendar for the day after either dose, but especially the second. We both feel great today after a day on the couch and a good night's sleep.

The day after the 2nd dose was a little rocky for me...the wife was fine. I highly recommend not scheduling anything on the calendar for the day after either dose, but especially the second. We both feel great today after a day on the couch and a good night's sleep.

Glad you got both done, congrats. What did you feel?

Glad you got both done, congrats. What did you feel?
Crazy stuff. A bout of chills and fever, but without the fever, where you feel feverish but you're not. A feeling of coming down with something (malaise). Nothing dramatic or too uncomfortable, and it passed after a short time. I had a mid-morning must-do appointment yesterday that I kept so it's not overwhelming or debilitating by any means. My doctor tells me that is a very good sign that the vaccine is working.

2nd shot Pfizer yesterday morning besides being a little tired nothing else a slightly sore arm and I mean slightly but nothing like the first shot. Took my daily walk in the afternoon glad to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back