Have you got your covid vaccine yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my pfirst pfizer shot this am. Felt a little "off" with a slight headache later in the day (nothing a little power nap couldn't take care of 😊).
Arm is no more sore than when I get a flu shot.

Last edited:
Wife and I got appts at our neighborhood Walgreens online for this past Monday. Downloaded and printed out consent forms as instructed to fill out, sign and bring with. Also downloaded and printed a state form attesting to eligibility. Confirmation email (4.5 hours later) said Moderna; closely followed by a second email confirming a 2nd dose appt. four weeks later. Got to the pharmacy, and were told to fill out blank consent forms. Asked, "Will these we were directed to fill out and bring do?" She had to check, but OK. Next, please fill out and sign this eligibility form. "Will the ones we were instructed to print, sign and bring with do?" "Um, just check the appropriate box and sign this one, please." Now, wait for pharmacist to call you. He does, and says we both may as well come to room together. He looks over forms and mumbles, "Pfizer..." We said the confirmation said Moderna, but no matter. Except 2nd dose Pfizer is three weeks, and we have 2nd dose appts already set (automatically) for four weeks. No matter, we can go back to Walgreens online and edit. Which you can, but not before 21 days from first dose appt. In any event, we realize that an extra week won't screw things up if it comes to that, but sheesh...

Oh, and no side effects for either of us. Not even a sore arm.

Frustration.... I has it.

So, according to the news reports, I became eligible last week. The website that I've been monitoring said that when my number came up that I'd be notified through the patient portal. Ha, not so much. That's only for the main organization, my local clinic (all part of the same health system,) most explicitly will *NOT* notify patients/clients that it's time for them. So, ignore all of that, just call the hotline, yup, you're eligible, earliest is next Wednesday. I'm just fine with that. Just a little frustrating to find out that what's being published for the whole health system is flat-out wrong.

Slight side note. The street address where I'm going is the same street address as an apartment building I lived in during college, several hundred miles away.

In our area there is an almost underground information network on who and where to call to get an appointment. Not to buck the system or anything illegal. It’s friends and neighbors helping each other. After weeks of trying to get an appointment through published channels we were given a lead to call. Three days later we had our first dose in arm, and an appointment card for our second. Good times.

I should have been notified by the state's connector program when I became eligible last week, that never came through. Just got the notification today that all state residents over the age of 16 will be available on March 30.

I got my second shot Wednesday, arm was a little sore but no other problems, now today I woke up extra tired and I know it's Friday so maybe it was that, either way not bad and I'm glad to have it.

I’ve got my first one as of this morning!
Pammi had her second one last Sunday.
She had chills and had no energy all day after her shot and still had a few chills on Monday
I’ve had no side effects other than a horn that’s grown out the side of my head, but they said that’s normal

Just got my second Moderna shot this morning. I’m grateful to have received on the weekend. Hopefully, any side effects will be over by Monday morning.

Just got my second Moderna shot this morning. I’m grateful to have received on the weekend. Hopefully, any side effects will be over by Monday morning.
From what everyone here has said so far, the side effects seem to last 1-2 days at most. So you should be fine by Monday morning.

Side effects hit about 25 hours after the shot. Chills, joint and muscle pain. 7 blankets is mild, right? 🙃 kidding. I know others that had much worse side effects.

It’s Much better than covid, it got me out of Sunday honey do’s, and I got to lie around and watch sports all day.

Side effects hit about 25 hours after the shot. Chills, joint and muscle pain. 7 blankets is mild, right? 🙃 kidding. I know others that had much worse side effects.

It’s Much better than covid, it got me out of Sunday honey do’s, and I got to lie around and watch sports all day.
I think that is more of a benefit than a side effect isn't it?

Wife is scheduled for Weds and I'm Friday. So eager to get this crap over with.

I also got my second one Saturday, early afternoon. I was tired Sunday, but as others have said at least you know it's working.
I'm just so happy to visit other family members who have been vaccinated...
It's been over a year.

Im waiting to see how everyone else reacts to the shots, gf got the moderna shot and had some weird reactions like a swollen arm at the injection site with shot#1 then flu like symptoms with shot#2 ....both times the reactions were days after the shot was given and varied day by day for about a week

Was that for shot #1 or #2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back