Green Chili & Chicken Enchiladas

Peter Gallagher

TVWBB Wizard
Finally - finally a day we could light a chimney of briquets and walk away without fear we'd burn half the County down - For some perspective, its probably been since June since we could feel comfortable using briquettes - I did do it a few times over the summer, but had to watch things like a hawk..... to celebrate the coming of the rains, I thought I'd spin a couple of chickens and make some enchiladas. Started out with a couple of small guys - around 3.5 pounds and brined them for about 8 hours

50451481126_8459eb58d8_c.jpg

On the gasser, I roasted various peppers and a couple of white onions. Mostly Anaheim, and few jalapeno's we had left on the bush

50450763163_55806cdc2e_c.jpg

Got the chickens on, and let them go for about 1.5 hours:

50450754218_4240924818_c.jpg

Brought the chickens in, let them cool and then shredded them up, adding the pepper mixture and cheese... lots of cheese....Next came the sauce - A roux then milk, with some Hatch green sauce and sour cream...We'll start our diets, tomorrow....

50450723538_12ea64a1be_c.jpg

Assembled them, and baked for about 1/2 an hour and served them up:

50450715363_730c649a79_c.jpg

for dessert, Doris made some yummy bars:

50451609972_dde90b2a38_c.jpg

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that it was also Goldie's 5th birthday! Can the day get any better! She got a new squirrel that's she rather proud of ..

50450732413_fda24336f9_c.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous Peter!! As always. Oregon's had a rough go this year and I'm glad things took a turn for the better up there. I'm still waiting for that comfortable feeling after lighting a chimney down here. Happy Birthday to Goldie! That's a mighty fine looking squirrel she's got there.

That is some great looking food! I hope Goldie got some to celebrate her birthday! Out of everything I cook, my kids favorite by far is when I make Mexican inspired food, chicken fajitas, quesadillas, rice bowls, or enchiladas. Your version with those fresh green chilies is legit! And congrats on being able to use charcoal again, I feel so lucky out here on the east cost and hope all our TVWBB friends can bet back to charcoal grill safely again soon!

Love the cook, looks fantastic. Happy Birthday to Goldie she shares a Birthday with our black lab Abby who is 3 years old today.

Back