Getting close to Kingsford charcoal deals?

Costco has a one week in store only deal for Kingsford Professional. Two 18 lb bags are $14.99 with a limit of three. It's three per purchase. I've never tried to buy more than three in one day, but have done it on different days. The sale starts today, 5/8.
I was at Costco tonight and this is available in SE Michigan through 6/6/21. I’m good on charcoal, but that’s a good deal.

GIANT Food Stores has 16 pound bags of Kingsford Original, Applewood, Signature, and Hardwood for $8.99 a bag, was $11.99 a bag. ACE Hardware lists the 16 pound bag of Original at $13.99, so I guess the Giant price is an actual sale, even if it's not "cheap".

Last edited:
Correct! I went to Lowe's in Medford and the 20lb twins are $19.98. Also went to HD and same thing. I had hopes for Costco, but the one in Central Point, OR had no K-Pro at all. 😟. So sales whatsoever in Northern CA/Southern OR.

There's a big pile of Kingsford Original under wraps in front of my nearest Lowe's. We must be approaching a Spring Black Friday Sale or something similar. Anyone seen a sales flyer or got the details?
I’ve not seen any sales at Lowe’s or HD in Florida, but Costco is running $5 off a bundle of Kingsford Professional. I got two large bags of the professional for $14.99 last night.

Or maybe they will wait to have the sale on the 4th of July weekend...Oh wait, maybe at the end of the season for the Labor Day weekend. You might be stuck buying as you go at full price until and if they finally do decide to put the stuff on sale.

I did read somewhere that last spring both Lowes and HD decided to suspend their major promotional deals to avoid crowding in their stores during the pandemic. So that does explain somewhat why we aren't seeing any sales.

Perhaps we'll see some deals on July 4th and Labor Day since restrictions will start being lifted soon, etc.

Correct! I went to Lowe's in Medford and the 20lb twins are $19.98. Also went to HD and same thing. I had hopes for Costco, but the one in Central Point, OR had no K-Pro at all. 😟. So sales whatsoever in Northern CA/Southern OR.
Yep.... nothing in these parts. Oh well...the CP Costco had the K-Pro sale last month

Costco, my wife's home away from home. Can't complain before I bought the stash of Weber when she saw the Pro on sale she would always call me to see if I needed any. :)

The current Costco deal must be a regional or local thing, since the Costco I shop at in Central Point, OR had none in stock when I was there on Friday. That deal was also not included in their 5/19 - 6/13 sale flier that was mailed out a couple weeks ago.

Oh well. They'll have that deal again probably for July 4th and definitely for Labor Day.

The total lack of charcoal sales this weekend didn't bother me much since I have more than enough in the garage to last until Labor Day anyway....

Or maybe they will wait to have the sale on the 4th of July weekend...Oh wait, maybe at the end of the season for the Labor Day weekend. You might be stuck buying as you go at full price until and if they finally do decide to put the stuff on sale.
To funny so your not gonna cook with charcoal till it goes on sale I mean is it that costly where its the end of the world if its not on sale and of course there are already a few postings with K pro on sale at Costco maybe you don't like to use it but its a sale.

Back