FilippoC

Hi All! I’m very impressed from a lot of restoration that I saw in this forum.

I bought and old Weber genesis 1000 in Blu for less than 100€ and now I’m dig in a restoration project ( for sure I would not reach levels that I saw 😢).
2E602EDF-8606-455B-9875-20579E7DBC3B.jpeg

Apart from the huge amount of grease inside the box it look good. Just some rust on the edge of the 3 big flavorizer, some peeling on the box but all the other stuffs are ok (there are also all the 2 table).

9C8AF5D8-6193-4114-8B17-5C0EB427B0D7.jpeg

39C13B56-64FF-4EDE-A512-D39F8D1E7DA5.jpeg
What it miss is the warming rack and the warm-up basket. There are any chance to find it?

Do you have some key tips to share?
No I’m plan to put all the greasy things in a big plastic box from Ikea and soak with some oven degreaser for some days.

Sadly i’m not in USA but in Italy and I know that finding spare parts will be a nightmare

Hello to Italy. Beautiful country.

As for the warm up basket the part number is #80632 (previously 7514).
The warming rack part number is #7513.
However I would recommend to use the warming rack from the newer Spirit because it sits higher and you can use the main grates better.
I have this on my old Genesis. Part number is 7614.

Also the grill should not have 3 flavorizer bars but a total of 13. 5 at the bottom and 8 on top. Some people think that only the burners should be covered with flavorizer bars but that is not true:

But I do not know where and if you could buy these parts in Italy. Here in the US we have various vendors and also 3rd party products on eBay.

Also looking at the pictures from your grill the left swing up table is missing too.

Hi All! I’m very impressed from a lot of restoration that I saw in this forum.

I bought and old Weber genesis 1000 in Blu for less than 100€ and now I’m dig in a restoration project ( for sure I would not reach levels that I saw 😢).
View attachment 33675

Apart from the huge amount of grease inside the box it look good. Just some rust on the edge of the 3 big flavorizer, some peeling on the box but all the other stuffs are ok (there are also all the 2 table).

View attachment 33676

View attachment 33677
What it miss is the warming rack and the warm-up basket. There are any chance to find it?

Do you have some key tips to share?
No I’m plan to put all the greasy things in a big plastic box from Ikea and soak with some oven degreaser for some days.

Sadly i’m not in USA but in Italy and I know that finding spare parts will be a nightmare

Filippo, are you near Emilia Romagna? In Modena you will find Enrico's Weber BBQ shop! Allora, mangia dei deliziosi tortellini e ascolta Pavarotti, en una bellissima Ferrari nuova! Aspetto - >https://barbecuewebshop.it/it/

Hello to Italy. Beautiful country.

As for the warm up basket the part number is #80632 (previously 7514).
The warming rack part number is #7513.
However I would recommend to use the warming rack from the newer Spirit because it sits higher and you can use the main grates better.
I have this on my old Genesis. Part number is 7614.

Also the grill should not have 3 flavorizer bars but a total of 13. 5 at the bottom and 8 on top. Some people think that only the burners should be covered with flavorizer bars but that is not true:

But I do not know where and if you could buy these parts in Italy. Here in the US we have various vendors and also 3rd party products on eBay.

Also looking at the pictures from your grill the left swing up table is missing too.
Hi thanks for your suggestions. The swing table is present but i was not installed during the photo! 😄

Nice pick up, I really like that blue lid! It looks like you can get some parts off of ebay in Italy (I tried it online and it looks promising), not sure of the conversion rate or shipping fees but at least you may have a place to source parts from, esp. for that classic you have. Good luck, have fun and keep us posted on your progress!

Last edited:
Hi Bruce
Hot water and industrial kitchens degreaser.
I let it soak for some time then rub with a sponge and where the grease was carbonized with a stainless steel scourer.
I think I am thinking the same thing as Bruce. That may be a genius idea. Soaking a dirty fire box may give a nice easy way to clean without grinding and sand blasting. Just need the correct container

Filippo,
Welcome to TVWBB!

A blue hood grill is not easy to find in the US, so I am sure it must be very rare in Italy. It looks like you are off to a great start! Thanks for sharing your soaking idea :coolkettle: .

We look forward to seeing how it goes for you. Keep posting pictures when you are able!

You can count on help from members here, even if distance makes some things more challenging.

Do you have a link to that tub you used for the firebox. I searched and could not find it. Unless it is not sold in the states.

Edit: Found it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi all! Thanks for the support! Here some new picture.
BDB40491-EF31-4FF4-A1E0-51A2D1983950.jpeg
EDA326C0-8833-467F-A50C-8D7507AA9C1E.jpeg
D091772B-A452-471A-9452-73C793773C7D.jpegThe soaking work as intended. All the grease was gone but I’m pleasing to do some sandblasting mainly on the outside of the box and on the two aluminum side. That’s because there is some point where the paint was gone and I’m very scared that put the new one on top of the old one could bring a bad looking result.
The new paint is an high temperature matte black paint.
Next step:
-Sand blasting
-Painting the leg with catalized lacquer
-Grindging the wood table and apply wood oil

Any suggestions?

Filippo,
Welcome to TVWBB!

A blue hood grill is not easy to find in the US, so I am sure it must be very rare in Italy. It looks like you are off to a great start! Thanks for sharing your soaking idea :coolkettle: .

We look forward to seeing how it goes for you. Keep posting pictures when you are able!

You can count on help from members here, even if distance makes some things more challenging.
Thanks! You are al great! I saw mainly red head genesis 1000. Blue is an uncommon version. Honestly I would prefer a red one 😁

Back