Gasser's Last Stand & a Chile Verde Burrito

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
That's right... it's the POS's last rodeo. It's going to CL or the curb.
The only reason I'm using it is because the parts to set up the rotisserie for the 330 haven't arrived yet.

Roasted 3 1/2 pound of Anaheims.

PICT5268_zpsjoywmkdl.jpg

PICT5272_zpsatxsfux1.jpg

Into the sauna.

PICT5275_zpsktocdgev.jpg

PICT5279_zpse4rzxv9z.jpg

Let them sweat for 30 minutes or so. Peeled, stems removed & chopped.

PICT5283_zpsesqvgc0p.jpg

Cubed a couple pounds of CSRs.

PICT5287_zpsn7qxhdxj.jpg

Everything's ready for the cook on the XL.

PICT5294_zpsmawtnxdu.jpg

Added some olive oil to the skillet & then the pork. Salted it while browning.

PICT5302_zpsy8uspb8c.jpg

Everyone swims (cup of water, Rotels, salsa verde, a tbs of sugar or so, 3 chopped chipotles, Mex oregano & some good blasts of Worchestershire sauce) until the pork is tender - about 1 1/2 hour. Or longer.

PICT5304_zpshhelymwt.jpg

Had to fry some beans to go with.
PICT5306_zps4h92aihi.jpg

Last edited:
PICT5312_zps5h2o3b3p.jpg

Time To Eat!

PICT5324_zps29rkqsut.jpg

¡El mejor!

Have recently become enamored of Crema Agria - good stuff, that.

Last edited:
WOW!!! Robert that is one fantastic plate of food. You out did yourself awesome job.

Great looking grub Robert! I was hungry before I saw this post, now I'm starving.

Robert, that cook is reminiscent of Tony R's posts. Absolutely magnificent. Had lunch yesterday at our favorite Mexican Restaurant and now I'm ready to go again. That is a great looking recipe. I'd like to give that a try. As I've said in other posts to your cooks, I love that roto-basket. What a great tool for roasting the peppers.

Robert, that cook is reminiscent of Tony R's posts. Absolutely magnificent. Had lunch yesterday at our favorite Mexican Restaurant and now I'm ready to go again. That is a great looking recipe. I'd like to give that a try. As I've said in other posts to your cooks, I love that roto-basket. What a great tool for roasting the peppers.

Thank you, Cliff. I miss Tony R's cooks - learned a lot from them & great food. The chili roaster is real handy. It did the Anaheims in 12 minutes or so.

That's the real deal! Crema is so much better than regular sour cream.
Love this post..

Tim

it wouldn't be weird if I posted a song to your meal, would it?

(replace the words "you" and "love" with Chile Verde)

Man Robert that looks delicious. You know what you are doing! It also reminds me of some of Tony's fabulous posts. The plated pic is simply outstanding. Going to do something similar soon. Thanks for the great post!

You had me at Chile Verde Burrito and that basket is a thing of art.
Nice plated pic.

Back