Football?

Watched the Seahawks beat the Falcon. Go Hawks!!. But the canned fan noise was a bit weird. They tried hard to not show to many shots of all the empty seats. The new normal, for awhile anyway I guess.

Watching the Lions enter the 4th quarter with a big lead is like watching a Rube Goldberg device that’s designed to lose a football game.

I guess there’s improvement. Last year on opening day they blew an 18 point 4th quarter lead.

Redskins fan here, er football team from Washington, whatever. Nice comeback win over the birds today!
When online scores show the team name instead of the city, it looks weird:

1600087483794.png

Watching the Lions enter the 4th quarter with a big lead is like watching a Rube Goldberg device that’s designed to lose a football game.

I guess there’s improvement. Last year on opening day they blew an 18 point 4th quarter lead.
Deja vu, anyone?

1600088110442.png

Last edited:

SOL: Same Old Lions.

I was at a Lions Bears game at the Silverdome one year. IIRC, it was the very first regular season over time game. Lions lost the OT coin flip and lost the game when they gave up a TD on the ensuing kickoff. Lions gonna Lion.

I’m ain’t superstitious, but the Lions won’t win anything until the Ford family sells the team. It worked for the Red Wings.

I was at a Lions Bears game at the Silverdome one year. IIRC, it was the very first regular season over time game. Lions lost the OT coin flip and lost the game when they gave up a TD on the ensuing kickoff. Lions gonna Lion.
Thanksgiving 1980! One of my dad's sisters and her family hosted dinner that day and we all watched the game, and when I went to my busboy job later that day we'd pop into the restaurant bar to watch whenever the highlights came on. And then later that night the family car's transmission went out while I was on my way home, and after some people let me use their phone to call my dad I watched the highlights with them.

Unfortunately, the guys at the shop figured out that the transmission failed because somebody had been doing reverse drops, and as the only driver in the family other than my parents that revelation did not bode particularly well for me.;)

Last edited:
Thanksgiving 1980! One of my dad's sisters and her family hosted dinner that day and we all watched the game, and when I went to my busboy job later that day we'd pop into the restaurant bar to watch whenever the highlights came on. And then later that night the family car's transmission went out while I was on my way home, and after some people let me use their phone to call my dad I watched the highlights with them.

Unfortunately, the guys at the shop figured out that the transmission failed because somebody had been doing reverse drops, and as the only driver in the family other than my parents that revelation did not bode particularly well for me.;)

That was it! We went to a number of the Thanksgiving Day games, including a few at Tiger Stadium. After the game we went out for dinner. I always preferred eating out on Thanksgiving to my mom's cooking.

I've been to only 3 Bears games in my life and one of them was against the Lions in Champaign, IL (Soldier Field was being renovated) in 2002. The Bears scored 10 points in the last 2-1/2 minutes (including the tying FG with 5 seconds left) to force overtime, the Lions won the OT coin toss and elected to kick off because of the wind, and the Bears went down the field and kicked the winning FG without the Lions ever getting the ball. IIRC the Detroit media had some pretty harsh things to say about the Lions' coaching staff afterward. ;)

And on the day of our baby shower in 2002, the Bears beat the Lions on a Jim Harbaugh TD pass with 1 second left.

Fox had their best NFL Week 1 ratings in five years:

https://www.foxsports.com/presspass...fl-delivers-best-week-1-viewership-since-2016

I saw one article that claimed NBCs ratings for Sunday Night Football (SNF) down dramatically in the headline and opening paragraph. But further down, they admitted the west coast numbers were not in (the LA Rams played in the game). Then they revised the article to include the west coast numbers and SNF ratings were still down, but further down they admitted the revised numbers did not include streaming. Whatever the viewership, NBC SNF was number 1 in the ratings Sunday night.

Fox had their best NFL Week 1 ratings in five years:

https://www.foxsports.com/presspass...fl-delivers-best-week-1-viewership-since-2016

I saw one article that claimed NBCs ratings for Sunday Night Football (SNF) down dramatically in the headline and opening paragraph. But further down, they admitted the west coast numbers were not in (the LA Rams played in the game). Then they revised the article to include the west coast numbers and SNF ratings were still down, but further down they admitted the revised numbers did not include streaming. Whatever the viewership, NBC SNF was number 1 in the ratings Sunday night.

Full NFL Week 1 Ratings Breakdown: Fox Up for Brady Bucs, Everyone Else Down

This week's unusual schedule is great for those of us that watch games OTA: along with today's 4 games there are 2 tomorrow (Fox, ABC) and 1 on Tuesday (Fox). It seems like forever since ABC last had a Monday Night Football game! Now if they could just reanimate Frank, Howard and Dandy Don...

Back