Football?

russ olin

TVWBB Platinum Member
When did football become a tabu subject. That is a new one to me on this site. Many of us have talked about games in the past.
I cant believe that we cant talk about the NFL, a few brewskies on a NFL Sunday day. This country is in a sad sad place.
Have a nice day everyone.

Football is not taboo. Talking about how the Lions are finally going to win a playoff game this year is s not taboo. Stafford is gonna be MVP! Go Lions! (Bears suck! 😛)

Talking about people who did not play football in a football thread is taboo. Talking about what football players do when they are not actually on the field playing football is likely taboo too.

When did football become a tabu subject.
Football is not a taboo subject. You can talk about football all you want. The previous thread contained lots of discussion unrelated to football including COVID-19, politics in sports, player protests, policing, First Amendment rights, Supreme Court rulings, etc. Per our terms of use, we avoid all political and controversial topics such as these. We have had some COVID-19 discussion in the past, but it invariably turns political and I've ended up clamping down on those threads, too.

Lets go Jets. First time in about 20-25 years gonna miss opening day, no tailgating, no fans allowed for either ny teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm excited. I'm gonna cook some wings. I use wings mostly as paddles to scoop up blue cheese. I haven't really kept up with offseason stuff for my Texas Aggies. I'm hopeful. The Dallas Cowboys are the Dallas Cowboys so who knows.

Yea, were stoked for Sunday. I have a downstairs man cave with 2 HD widescreens set up with the football package ready to go. I like to watch 2-3 games at once. But Sunday morning how bout the Pack @ Vik's? What a game for opening morning. All the games are great opening morning. The wife is going to make home made spaghetti sauce & homemade spaghetti to munch on during the games. I don't BBQ on Sundays too busy watching 10am pregame to 10:30 pm post game. I'm in my cave all day on Sundays like a good Bronco fan. We play the last game Monday night. I hate that time slot. Have had it twice in a row now. So, go Vik's & go Bronc's. Good Luck Drew Lock. He looks like a young stud QB in the making with a J Cutler arm & Peyton attitude. Time will tell. See you all Thurs, Sun & Mon.

We will see how this weekend goes, then ill flip the coin to see if I will continue to watch the NFL.
I might start recording Football (never done it before) and if I don't enjoy something I can always fast forward through it.
Thank you Chris for keeping this forum civil.

I might start recording Football (never done it before) and if I don't enjoy something I can always fast forward through it.

Recording football is the best. I'm able to work outside on a beautiful fall day and then when it's night time, I watch my game in less than 2 hours by skipping the commercials.

the season has sort of sneaked up on me this year -something I never thought possible! probably a result of all that's going on, or maybe its just due to the lack of a preseason... That aside, I'm ready for some football - we're like Russ, and enjoy making a day out it. being a BEARS fan has been tough the last several years, but will be raring to go Sunday morning! Good luck to all -

Snuck up on me as well. Honestly, I've been watching less football, outside of the Colts, and more English Premier League (Go Toffees!) and Big East basketball (my daughter is a student and member of the pep band- Go Dawgs!).

But I am looking forward to seeing how the Colts do, start out with a divisional game. I really don't know what to think, though. I have never been a fan of Philip Rivers. I thought he was good, but for some reason just never liked him. But now he's the Colts' starter and I'm kind of forced to like him. Looking at what he's said about coming to Indy and looking at his record, I might be ok with that. But it'll take some getting used to.

I love day football, hate nites.
All those years of getting up at 3 am makes it almost impossible to watch after half time. :(

I enjoyed the first half of Thursdays Chiefs game but had to get to bed at halftime to get up for work on Friday. I'm usually never excited for football (I'm a baseball guy) but after the Chiefs went all the way last year and with baseball being such a shortened season I am kind of a little more excited than normal. I'd like to say I'm more excited than normal because of how bad the Royals are doing this year, but we're used to that in KC.

Recording football is the best. I'm able to work outside on a beautiful fall day and then when it's night time, I watch my game in less than 2 hours by skipping the commercials.
And depending on the method of recording, you can play it back at a higher speed and marvel at how fast everybody is!;)

Back