First Meatloaf in a while

My wife wont eat my meatloaf anymore :rolleyes: last one I made i added Wild Boar sausage and a little ground venison with the beef. It was the best tasting one I ever made she said until she found out what I used :unsure: that was 10 years ago, and she still wont eat it.

That sounds EPIC. But my wife would probably react the same way

My wife wont eat my meatloaf anymore :rolleyes: last one I made i added Wild Boar sausage and a little ground venison with the beef. It was the best tasting one I ever made she said until she found out what I used :unsure: that was 10 years ago, and she still wont eat it.
Wife and daughter used to would not eat deer. So id get home first, pull meat out of freezer, grind it, mix about 30/70 to 50/50 with ground beef, and use for dinner. Clean up, hide freezer paper from meat in bottom of trash and be able to see hamburger meat package on top. Making things like spaghetti, tacos, chili, sloppy joes, etc with strong tomato sauces. They ate a whole deer and didnt know it. Wife asked finally "you must have thrown that deer out, because its not in freezer" when she finally noticed it was all gone...... I said, nope you ate it you just didn't know it.

I used to go to work early..6am. Shed go late...,9am, take kids to daycare, etc. Id pick them up and shed get home latelate..630. so i usually made dinner.

Last edited:
I never liked meatloaf. Finally, after many years, my partner pointed out that the problem was not meatloaf per se. It was that my mother did not know how to make it properly.

The final straw came when my mother added cinnamon as the new "secret ingredient" in her awful meatloaf. We choked it down, but that was it for my partner. She declared from that point on, we would time our visits for non-meal times. Eventually my parents moved to a retirement home with a common dining room that prepared and served the meals for everyone, including guests like us.

Back