First Genesis 1000 restoration

Kevin, start a build thread and add plenty of pictures, before during and after.

"That was my understanding - I'm a little curious if there's any negative effect on sear quality with the greater distance between the burners and grate though. It seems to put out plenty of heat though so hopefully not an issue."

Would a second layer of 8 bars fit into the shallower Genesis firebox? Seems like it would work if it fit?

They would be right up to the bottom of the grates on a Silver B, plus they would have to rest on top of the other bars since there is no shelf in the fire box for them to set on. Then, they would tend to slide around as well.

Keep this in mind. You can put a Silver B lid on any 13 bar Genesis 1000 fire box.

Not too much left to say - I found a couple hours to finish up the final assembly, do a quick light up (works perfectly!), and find it a spot on the patio. This thing is an absolute beast, I'm glad I took the time to do this one right! I think there's about $400-450 into it all told, but I built it and it is much higher quality than anything that can be bought at that price - or anywhere near it.

Gonna have to track down some ribeyes this weekend and break it in now!
View attachment 3525
View attachment 3526
View attachment 3527
View attachment 3533
View attachment 3534
View attachment 3536
View attachment 3535
View attachment 3537
View attachment 3538
View attachment 3539
An absolute beauty! Belongs in my future This Old Grill Museum :cool: . I like your darker shade of wood that fits perfectly with the red hood. It is a nice change of pace from the also very nice light color cedar we have seen in some recent redhead restores.

Looks beautiful man!! Finishing the final pieces to hopefully start putting mine back together again. Not as extreme as yours, but I'm happy with it.

Excellant craftsmanship and choice of materials is of the best quality, for 450 you can not get a grill of this capability or quality. This turned out better than a new one ever looked. Congrats yep this will do you proud for a few decades.

Back