First brisket in years...

Bill S.

TVWBB Pro
Like riding a bike..ya never forget how..lol. But this was the first time I've ever wrapped, I've been converted 😎. Pulled it off at 197⁰, and let it rest an hour or so, will probably pull it a bit lower next time. Just used, a Salt, pepper, lawrys and granulated garlic rub, another first for me. Came out really good. (BTW, I didn't put that gaping hole in it, was packed that way..) And got a thermo pro wireless this time around, was below zero out, was nice to sit inside and relax.
20220122_070924.jpg20220122_123007.jpg20220122_152738.jpg20220122_170810.jpg20220122_172142.jpg

Like riding a bike..ya never forget how..lol. But this was the first time I've ever wrapped, I've been converted 😎. Pulled it off at 197⁰, and let it rest an hour or so, will probably pull it a bit lower next time. Just used, a Salt, pepper, lawrys and granulated garlic rub, another first for me. Came out really good. (BTW, I didn't put that gaping hole in it, was packed that way..) And got a thermo pro wireless this time around, was below zero out, was nice to sit inside and relax.
View attachment 44106View attachment 44107View attachment 44108View attachment 44109View attachment 44110
Looks great!
Cut the thinner part of the flat off of a packer the other day and have the point/flat chunk in brine for some pastrami. Froze the almost 5 lb. flat and will be smoking it soon. We don't eat a bunch of beef, but your pic is inspiring.

Looks great!
Cut the thinner part of the flat off of a packer the other day and have the point/flat chunk in brine for some pastrami. Froze the almost 5 lb. flat and will be smoking it soon. We don't eat a bunch of beef, but your pic is inspiring.
Hopefully you share pics of your pastrami brine and cook. Sounds deelish.

Back