Favorite breakfast sausage?

RichPB (richlife)

TVWBB Wizard
I seldom have sausage for breakfast mainly because I haven't found a brand I truly like. Though recently at La Quinta, they had a good link one I would buy if only I knew what it was (they had closed by the time I went to ask). So if you have a good favorite, please share. (I know someone will say to make my own, but ain't gonna happen.)

I hope your brand will be available nationally, but if not, the state would be nice since we like to travel. And link or patty (tube, brick?). What I'm familiar with here in NC are Jimmy Dean or Neese's -- neither thrills me.

My wife likes Neese's so that's what we get. I have a feeling that, left to my own devices, I would find something better. Ideally I would make my own, experimenting with the spice blend until I got it just right, but I don't really have the equipment or kitchen space to make that work.

I seldom have sausage for breakfast mainly because I haven't found a brand I truly like. Though recently at La Quinta, they had a good link one I would buy if only I knew what it was (they had closed by the time I went to ask). So if you have a good favorite, please share. (I know someone will say to make my own, but ain't gonna happen.)

I hope your brand will be available nationally, but if not, the state would be nice since we like to travel. And link or patty (tube, brick?). What I'm familiar with here in NC are Jimmy Dean or Neese's -- neither thrills me.
Johnsonville Beddar Cheddar. Why not start the day gooey?

I am in the land of Bob Evans which is pretty good, when on vacation I load up on products from Plaths. Really wonderful smoked products, best bacon ever! Breakfast sausage is just the right amount of fat to lean and makes some pretty darned good sausage gravy for biscuits!

If you want to drive to the state farmer's market in Raleigh, these guys have some great pork including sausage links and patties at good prices. I love their giant pork rinds, too. Maybe I'll get some of their ribs with side meat left on for this weekend...

As a Buckeye, I grew up eating Bob Evans, so I can eat that as well.

If you ever make it to Idaho, these are my favorite breakfast sausage (and I’ve tried them all, both national and local brands). These are the “Lumberjack” size (2x regular size link), but they also come in regular sized links. Not to be confused with local “Hills” brand which, IMO, are not very good. I think you can mail order these.
1662313352909.jpeg

Last edited:
I really like Martin’s, they are a local Philadelphia area purveyor of meats. I’m fortunate that my local ShopRite stocks a few of their products. When I’m in Philly I load up, their retail space is located in the Reading Terminal Market. You can get any sausage imaginable there!

8EA21207-ACC5-45A4-B360-D0033BE70879.png
C788F6E4-4BCF-4E7D-BEC8-C70E7471F965.jpeg
983D6E6D-BCFA-4551-8B4A-C8A931134BF0.jpeg

If you want to drive to the state farmer's market in Raleigh, these guys have some great pork including sausage links and patties at good prices. I love their giant pork rinds, too. Maybe I'll get some of their ribs with side meat left on for this weekend...

As a Buckeye, I grew up eating Bob Evans, so I can eat that as well.
The farmers market is definitely a place I visit occasionally despite the drive. Thanks for the suggestion.

If you ever make it to Idaho, these are my favorite breakfast sausage (and I’ve tried them all, both national and local brands). These are the “Lumberjack” size (2x regular size link), but they also come in regular sized links. Not to be confused with local “Hills” brand which, IMO, are not very good. I think you can mail order these.
View attachment 58724
<sigh> We passed through ID twice on picking up our new dog Icy -- even overnighted in Twin Falls. But that was last week. Mail order is worth looking into.

Back