Father's Day Pulled Pork

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
When the fam asked what I wanted for father's day, I said time to cook.
Pork shoulder just before it went on the kettle last night at midnight.
IMG_20220618_225108690.jpg

Cruising at 245-255 all night and here is at 6:30 am when I wrapped it.
IMG_20220619_084044727_HDR.jpg

And a close up.
IMG_20220619_084029783_HDR.jpg

Probe tender at 10 am. Into the cooler wrapped in towels. Prepped the Mac and cheese, corn on the cob, and went out with the family.

5:30 pork out of the cooler, still steaming.
IMG_20220619_172327778.jpg

Shredded.
IMG_20220619_173016256.jpg

Plated. The best part was the unexpected sweetness imparted by the peach wood I went heavy on.
IMG_20220619_175341152.jpg

Dessert was angel food cake, strawberries, and whipped cream. The real joy of dessert was getting to make the third pot of coffee for the day from my amazing coffee set up (I took and posted this photo last night prepping for this morning cup of coffee, but it is so good it is worth another post).
IMG_20220618_234328415.jpg

Hope your father's day is going as great as mine.
Happy father's day to all who deserve to be called dad!

Last edited:
Funny, that's what I asked for as a Father's Day gift.....time to cook! Great job on the PP, Michael, and I love the coffee setup. That Peet's Colombia was a staple for me in my 2lbs every other week delivery until I got back into home roasting (don't worry, I won't expound on that so I don't get you thinking of a new way to spend your spare time!) 🤣🤣

You are quite obviously a great dad, and it is equally as obvious that your family appreciates you! Happy FD, my friend!

R

When the fam asked what I wanted for father's day, I said time to cook.
Pork shoulder just before it went on the kettle last night at midnight.
View attachment 53290

Cruising at 245-255 all night and here is at 6:30 am when I wrapped it.
View attachment 53291

And a close up.
View attachment 53292

Probe tender at 10 am. Into the cooler wrapped in towels. Prepped the Mac and cheese, corn on the cob, and went out with the family.

5:30 pork out of the cooler, still steaming.
View attachment 53315

Shredded.
View attachment 53316

Plated. The best part was the unexpected sweetness imparted by the peach wood I went heavy on.
View attachment 53317

Dessert was angel food cake, strawberries, and whipped cream. The real joy of dessert was getting to make the third pot of coffee for the day from my amazing coffee set up (I took and posted this photo last night prepping for this morning cup of coffee, but it is so good it is worth another post).
View attachment 53327

Hope your father's day is going as great as mine.
Happy father's day to all who deserve to be called dad!
That’s a beautiful cook. HFD!

That Peet's Colombia was a staple for me in my 2lbs every other week delivery
That was my same order until all my teenagers started drinking it too. I have upped it to three lbs every two weeks and that still isn't enought. Peet's Colombia is the coffee at which all other coffees are judged in my house, but we have started to try other companies and blends. Peet's Colombia is still the favorite though.
until I got back into home roasting (don't worry, I won't expound on that so I don't get you thinking of a new way to spend your spare time!) 🤣🤣
My first thought was I wonder about this for me, but then my mind went to when does Rich find the time to do it all.
You are quite obviously a great dad, and it is equally as obvious that your family appreciates you! Happy FD, my friend!

R
Thank you very much for this compliment. This is better then any compliment on my food ever. Happy father's day to you also, as I am glad I can share the same sentiment with you, it is quite obvious that you are a great dad and how much your family appreciates you!

Looks great Michael.....as always.
I know you like Latin flavours as much as we do......I would recommend grabbing the gringo grande from killer hogs for the next pulled pork.......it still tastes really good as a normal meal but the left overs.......
The things you could make with that pork.
I get something wet on the pork and apply it liberally...as much as it can take.
You won’t regret it.

Looks great Michael.....as always.
I know you like Latin flavours as much as we do......I would recommend grabbing the gringo grande from killer hogs for the next pulled pork.......it still tastes really good as a normal meal but the left overs.......
The things you could make with that pork.
I get something wet on the pork and apply it liberally...as much as it can take.
You won’t regret it.
I totally stopped and got some more Gringo Grande on Monday as I was getting dreadfully low on it and also on Boars Night Out White Lighting. Those two are by far my most used rubs. You got it so right with the leftover pulled pork. My family loves it for lunches so I give them the week to eat it and then come tomorrow if there is any left it will get turned into a nachos. Chips, pork, either red or green salsa, a lot of Gringo, and topped with cheese. I am going to make salsa Verde tomorrow morning for lunch and Al Pastor tacos on Monday.

If you love left over pulled pork turned into Mexican you have to try Rich and my Carnitas recipe. It is truly on of the best things I have cooked!

I totally stopped and got some more Gringo Grande on Monday as I was getting dreadfully low on it and also on Boars Night Out White Lighting. Those two are by far my most used rubs. You got it so right with the leftover pulled pork. My family loves it for lunches so I give them the week to eat it and then come tomorrow if there is any left it will get turned into a nachos. Chips, pork, either red or green salsa, a lot of Gringo, and topped with cheese. I am going to make salsa Verde tomorrow morning for lunch and Al Pastor tacos on Monday.

If you love left over pulled pork turned into Mexican you have to try Rich and my Carnitas recipe. It is truly on of the best things I have cooked!
Looks great, went and checked your thread, lots of steps but the final result looks insane good.
I like the idea of lots of water and using the brazing liquid.
Might be in my near future, sounds like 8 hours of cooking and all the prep and the final fry.
2 thumbs up.
Reminds me of the cook I found and did a few times.....the pulled beef from wolf or whatever that beef chuck recipe is called with the smoked and braised chuck with peppers onions and jalapeños and stout.
Pepper stout beef I think it was called.

Back