Curb Alert !!!

The side burner knob is still available to buy, the flame check button I don't know about. It might be a deal breaker on that one.

I would not pass on that due to the flame check knob. It might take a little while to source one, but I am sure you could find one in reasonable time and still be able to rehab and use the grill in the mean time.

That’s exactly like mine I just bought, although I paid double. Mine is in nicer shape and complete, although that one has the handle with the built in lights which I would love to have, although not for my G5.

Almost all those flame check systems went bad that former owner may have bypassed it and removed the knob not sure why I would have left it in place after all you would know it does not do anything. I believe that Jeff from MA bought one that had the knob missing the original owner replaced the manifold and I think Jeff changed out the control panel which obviously did not have the hole in it. Maybe as Jon said you can just change the control panel really don't know.

Here's another of these very uncommon grills up for sale. It's so strange to see a few, in this color, show up at once. Looks like they swapped in Silver end caps and handle on this one.
352899551_9378377235566212_4517833698851618629_n.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/225728276900952

That one seems to be a strange mish mash of things. The flip table looks weird on the left and isn't the left side table supposed to be a lid colored serving tray?

That one seems to be a strange mish mash of things. The flip table looks weird on the left and isn't the left side table supposed to be a lid colored serving tray?
Yeah, I thought the same thing. I think you're right, Larry - supposed to have the lid-matching side tray. As pointed out earlier by Ed, the lid ends were changed (and obviously the handle). The ends are not even early Silver ends they look like mid run (with the cast studs instead of the flat head bolts.

Still a nice grill, though and a lot of rare parts still intact. Notice he filled the flame check hole with a plastic plug.

Yes, definitely pieced together. The flip table on the left appears to be the original wood that grill would have come with. The durawood is not correct, nor the handle and lid end caps as John G points out.

I thought they did build those 5000 cabinet grills with durawood at some point.
The later ones were actually platinum series grills and yes those had durawood and were called 3400 models for some reason. They looked identical except for the durawood and the words "Platinum Series on the lid in addition to those same pinstripes.

I need repetition and reminders to keep that kind of info locked away. Two weeks from now, I will see another one listed and wonder: Is that a 5000 or that other durawood version, whatever that was.

The serving tray rests on top of the wood, it sits right down over it and won’t slide around.

Back