Curb Alert !!!

Steve, it is really ironic that I picked up a different Skyline in that same town about 3-4 years ago. The strange thing about it is that it had the EXACT same control panel modification. I am guessing they swapped in a Silver B manifold for whatever reason and had to hack up the control panel to get the valves to line up. Never saw that on another grill but now I see that to the exact same model grill in the exact same town.

I still have that grill and control panel in my back yard in the bone yard. The lid is on my Franken SS Platinum B/1000 grill now.

That is really weird, and you are probably right about why. I initially thought the burner tubes were too short but that wouldn't change the location of the manifold because of the way it attaches to the cookbox. Maybe these people thought the only parts available were for a Silver B and this is what you had to do to make it work? In any case, it's pretty odd.

I am sure a lot of people don't know the difference between the silver b and the genesis 1000 and that there is a diffence in the manifolds.
Been there and done that in my early grill days. I couldn’t figure out why some didn’t fit!

Yah, I remember doing that as well and having to bend the manifold bracket up as well since the valve stems were too short. ahahahaha. I just assumed they all used the same manifold from Genesis 1000 to Silver B. Why would they be different? Right?

I remember the first time I had to replace the burner tubes on my grill I went to Ace hardware and bought a set that was either too short or long, I don't remember which anymore. I thought they they were all the same, ended up calling Weber to find out which ones I actually needed.

This NG Genesis is sitting by the curb up the street from us at the beach. I took a closer look at it while walking the dogs. The frame is rusted in just about every critical spot. It was on someones bayfront deck in 08202.
20230801_103516_HDR.jpg

I am sure a lot of people don't know the difference between the silver b and the genesis 1000 and that there is a diffence in the manifolds.
I just feel the need to point out that Bruce is most likely referring to people that know about a Silver B and a Genesis 1000. This is probably arcane knowledge to the majority of the world at this point.

Scott, that is what I was meaning that the average Joe has no idea that the two grills use different manifolds. I didn't for a year or so of rehabbing until I tried to swap one.

Yes, like John said the front shelf is an option, at about $145 now I think? I remember they were sub-$100 not long ago….sigh. I just put mine on a month and a half ago and haven’t folded them down.

Side shelf also available for the left (handle) side.

Maybe the ones I saw on the floor at Fleet Farm did have them then. Likely on the floor they show them at their best?

Back