Curb Alert !!!

368585640_9930653960339944_1968300007784820045_n.jpg

This would be hard to pass up even if it gave my wife a headache. Sturgeon Bay looks like a hike for most anybody though.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1765905380533386

Dang it. That is just a bit too far for my blood. It looks like it is in pretty good shape too. It doesn't look like it is has a bad case of the dropsies on the side shelves.

Dang it. That is just a bit too far for my blood. It looks like it is in pretty good shape too. It doesn't look like it is has a bad case of the dropsies on the side shelves.
It's a platinum, so that means the frame is stainless as well, correct?

Yep, frame is stainless but cabinet floor, back and sides are not. And I will guarantee they are trashed. Still, it is a very big find. My personal grill has the Platinum frame. They are easily converted to open frame.

It's a platinum, so that means the frame is stainless as well, correct?
That’s the case for the Platinum Summit also listed above. That’s why I said I would like to work on one someday.

As @Bruce notes, the Platinum Genesis listed above has painted steel cabinetry, other than the doors.

I feel like you could easily get some sheet metal and redo the sides as well if you wanted the closed cabinet. Either way, I thought it was a cool grill for sure

Whoa whoa whoa wait, what? Stainless frame?? Didn’t know such a thing existed!

I really need to stop hanging out with you guys, you’re all bad influences. I literally stated I don’t like the plastic tables up above, and got one this past weekend. And now this…

Last edited:
Whoa whoa whoa wait, what? Stainless frame?? Didn’t know such a thing existed!

I really need to stop hanging out with you guys, you’re all bad influences. I literally stayed I don’t like the plastic tables up above, and got one this past weekend. And now this…
I started with a 2 burner Genesis silver a. Had that for nearly a decade, then really started getting into grilling this spring. Got a performer with pizza attachment this spring for $100, use it every Friday night to make pizza for our weekly family gathering. Then started cooking ribs, roast beef, etc on it. Then found a free Genesis gold c. Find another Genesis silver c. Made one REAL nice one out of the 2. That was good for most of the summer.... Then a few weeks back I came home with a summit 420 with a toasted cookbox that I intended to repair, or at least try to. Then a week later found and brought home a summit 650 freebie with the same rotted out box. I figured I'd have a chance to come up with a repair for both of them. I got EXTREMELY lucky and Weber ended up sending a free, warrantied cookbox for both! I still plan to make a repair kit for both, but damn I suddenly have a serious outdoor kitchen in the works 😂
Good luck not ending up like me 😜

Attachments

• PXL_20230822_202955726.jpg
    PXL_20230822_202955726.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 14
That's fantastic! Stainless or aluminum? Where did you source the metal? Absolutely awesome looking
Aluminum. .030" aluminum sheeting. I get it from a Surplus store for about $2 a foot. They have a big roll of it 18" wide. I bought several sheets and just back home with them. I use them to replace the floor in Silver B and C grills. No more worries about rust on the bottom panel.

20230811 Genesis - Gray Head (7).jpg

20230811 Genesis - Gray Head (6).jpg20230802 Genesis Silver C - Green Head (1).jpg

20230802 Genesis Silver C - Green Head (3).jpg

Aluminum. .030" aluminum sheeting. I get it from a Surplus store for about $2 a foot. They have a big roll of it 18" wide. I bought several sheets and just back home with them. I use them to replace the floor in Silver B and C grills. No more worries about rust on the bottom panel.

View attachment 77620

View attachment 77622View attachment 77624

View attachment 77623
That's exactly what I'm looking for, I have a metal brake and I'm looking to make some odds and ends for these grills. Nice work you're doing there

Yah, they have several other big pieces of aluminum sheeting as well. Some much thicker. If I had access to a fab shop, it would be great.

Back