Culver's beats out In-N-Out Burger as America's best burger chain

It's more of a midwest thing, but they are branching out. https://www.culvers.com/locator/view-all-locations
I think "Americas" best burger is a reach, because neither are available nationwide, so the poll is skewed.

Tim
Yep from the land of cheese hats. For a VERY long time they were not even in IL. Then they branched out to far northern IL locations. They used to be one of our treats on our drives to and from Minnesota back when wife's family was still alive

Pffft...none of y'all have a clue. White Castles are far and away the greatest burgers on the planet! ;) (Seriously...if there's a WC available it's always my first choice.)

A couple of posts mentioned Culver's fish sandwiches and they're my favorite main menu item there; I like them much better than the burgers.

Question for those of you non-Midwesterners who have Culver's in your areas: do they have cheese curds on the menu? They do here, obviously, but I've wondered if it might be a regional thing.

OMG cannot stomach a WC. Back when I was working at O'Hare (or as the old Mayor Daley said O'Hara) many nights during irregular operations we got assigned "mando" mandatory over time. Sometimes this went on up to 4 hours. If you're already on a shift normally over at 23:00 or so. Well by the time we got released and I was looking at an hour+ ride home I was ready to eat the steering wheel of my car. Well the White Castle at Higgins and Oakton was the only place to get anything. My car would reek for days with that wretched smell, and it would take days to even get the smell from coming out of my pores. My wife could not even stand being in the same bedroom LOL. She'd smell me when I crawled into bed and leave the room. Never could understand how anyone could jones for that stuff. But I guess that's why Taco Hell survives too :D

Hell I would just like to find REAL pastrami not that flavored top round that seems so popular. I want good old fashioned Kosher Deli Pastrami or Corned Beef. Piled high on kosher rye, with juice running down my chine and elbows. I have not found that anywhere around here. Not since we lived in Chicago

Larry, there used to be a place just north of the freeway in Elgin called The Nosh, great little Jewish style deli/restaurant. Unfortunately, it did close probably 20 years ago. It is possible to find good pastrami, but it does take some effort.

Or...... make it yourself. That's a summer project here, corn an entire brisket and smoke it for pastrami.

When I ask people out here about corned beef or pastrami all I get is a blank stare. They don't know a thing about such fineries of eating pleasure. If Chicago was not in the dire mess it's in new with all the violence, idiotic rules and regs, and what have you I might make a pilgramage back to the homeland. But until there is some kind of sense made of the place I ain't going back "home" on a bet.

Brian, Culver's started in the Land of Cheese, aka Wisconsin. While I don't doubt Larrry's comments about QC, that is one of the issues with any large scale or franchise operation, the home office has to ensure that the customer has the same experience in any outlet.

Personally, I don't recall ever having eaten at an In-n-Out. Around here, Culver's seems to be consistently one of the better choices for fast food when I'm on the run (Arby's & Culver's are at the top of that list.) If I'm travelling, I do try to find the hole in the wall joints.

5 Guys? Definitely not a fan. The burgers are okay, always a little more greasy than I care for. Their fries are consistently soggy & limp, and I like mine fairly crispy.

I'm gonna step out of this, go get a beer and make some popcorn.
Second that on 5 Guys. I feel like my hands are covered in grease, and I check my shirt to see if I've ruined it.

I feel the same as many regarding In-N-Out. Can take or leave it.
Thankfully, there's a much better local fast food place just across the street that beats them hands down.

For those San Diego North County travelers, there's Nessy Burger.. YUM

When I ask people out here about corned beef or pastrami all I get is a blank stare. They don't know a thing about such fineries of eating pleasure. If Chicago was not in the dire mess it's in new with all the violence, idiotic rules and regs, and what have you I might make a pilgramage back to the homeland. But until there is some kind of sense made of the place I ain't going back "home" on a bet.

Last job I worked on before I retired was doing windows on the old Cook County Hospital.
Manny's was right down the street, corned beef and pastrami done right.
But that was a tough area, and you had to keep your head on a swivel.
I loved working that area with Little Italy on one side and Greek town on the other side of the Ike.
I'd bring a cooler and order some subs for dinner.
If I wanted a burger I'd hit Billy Goat or The Ogden by the United Center.

Tim

I have not been to the Windy City in a few years, it’s about time! Go to visit our Milwaukee friends stop to drop the kitchen aid with Larry, swing by the “P1Gvillion”, swing by Bruce’s, get cheese, some good sausages, stop for “Big City” goods which are not available here in what my (Chicagoan) brother referred to as the “Provinces”.
I miss the city! Visiting him was always fun.

I had one of those last night actually. Had a rough night and did not sleep well so was really tired all day Friday. Also did a little work on adding a tachometer to my little Honda tractor so wife thought stopping by Culver's on the way home would be a nice treat for her, me and the little man

Culver's is my choice over McD's, Hardees, CFA. Never had an opportunity to try the others. During Lent, Culver's has Walleye on their menu. Of course, anyone from or near Wisconsin has heard of, known someone, or has fished for Walleye themselves.

Back