Coronavirus - Covid 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be a special place in hell for the one type. And hopefully their special place is right after they're done taking a big one and realize no TP, no hand soap, no paper towels and no water.

Instacart never did come through, but we have a slot tomorrow afternoon for a few things from Walmart's pick up service. Limited choices found and a limit of 2 for everything it seems.
Apparently hoarders aren't buying Choice boneless rib roasts, won't know until we get it what it weighs, if we do get one I plan to cut it into steaks.

Only one store in town has pick up service and that's Fry's. Walmart has drive up pick up for the pharmacy but that's it and I will now be using that to avoid going into the store.

Someone said something really smart earlier in this thread, which is to pay close attention to what the medical professionals are saying. And the ones I'm seeing interviewed on television and in print are beginning to freak out. In today's San Jose Mercury News, there's a report that local hospitals have gone through three year's worth of masks in just three months.

Excellent advice, no doubt.

This is a fluid situation, and it was compounded by the coverup of the Chinese government, so the real truth will surface for all the world to see in time to come concerning the mortality and morbidity rate of the virus. It's just that I have little trust in the mass media to keep me fully informed considering past performances. Thank God for alternative and international news outlets to balance things out.

Instacart never did come through, but we have a slot tomorrow afternoon for a few things from Walmart's pick up service. Limited choices found and a limit of 2 for everything it seems.
Apparently hoarders aren't buying Choice boneless rib roasts, won't know until we get it what it weighs, if we do get one I plan to cut it into steaks.
Or you can invite us over for roast beef. We promise to eat outside :D

...compounded by the coverup of the Chinese government, so the real truth will surface...
It's hard to discuss this topic without diving into politics, which is an area we try to avoid on this forum per our rules. Suffice it to say that history will judge harshly those who misrepresented the true extent of this public health crisis, whether Chinese, American, Brazilian, Russian, etc.

Remember the movie " The Martian" when Matt Damon did an inventory on his supplies?
I've been doing that lately, surprised on some of the things I'm finding tucked away :)

Tim

More humor...

From my diary:
Coronavirus Pandemic, day 16.
If anyone is still out there, I’m alive but struggling. Food is running low. Down to only 459 days worth. My hands are super sanitized and my butt is super clean. Down to 1599 rounds of ammo (dropped 1 round down the heat vent while doing daily inventory). Power still on, but for how long? Missing human interaction but I have my dogs.. for now.. (I'm soaking their food in BBQ sauce in an attempt to marinate them from the inside in case I have to eat them) . I fear dark days ahead. News is all bad. Neighbors have attempted to leap from windows to their death, (or near death... most have single story homes so they are badly bruised). Blew through most Netflix series so may have to rewatch some again..Basic Survival is a definite challenge. I vow to persevere to the end, I am a survivor! Please, if there is life out there, communicate with me to help preserve my sanity..

I talked to my 89 YO dad today. He lives in NJ. He said that they are on lock down. He also said that they are getting all of their groceries delivered. I'm hoping that he's getting his meds delivered too.
Unfortunately, we may have to either cancel or postpone his 90th birthday celebration this summer.
But like when I took my mom groceries yesterday, I'd rather keep a distance and keep them safe than give them any nasties that I've picked up while being out and about for my job!

Ingle's cashier told me today that shoppers are following trucks to the store and buying it all up (meat & such) in short order. And if I understood her correctly, she said the stores are having to compete with other organizations for inventory too.

I guess we'll have to hit the stores at the crack of dawn for certain items. Hope I can find a pork butt soon. I just purchased a load of Carolina hickory recently, and would like to use it!

Last edited:
stopped at a local employee-owned super market chain store (Woodman's) yesterday...
actually to shop their rather large liquor department but swung inside to get some spare ribs.
Knowing they'd be all gone, I was surprised to see 2 full racks remaining.
However, all their other pork products were cleaned out.
Plenty of beef cuts to choose from, but the pork was history.

I did buy the last two racks of ribs.

There were still various roasts left at our grocery store. I grabbed a chuck roast (and felt a little guilty that I probably didn't need it). Easy enough to turn into hamburger. There were lot's of arm roasts and stuff like that left. I was torn between turning my pastrami into lunch meat or cooking it like a brisket. I went with the brisket approach and I will post that soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back