Coronavirus - Covid 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been on the road for the last 8 weeks here in GA, have heard very little news. Guess we need to start hunting down tp before as we head home to MA next week. What a world.

Are folks starting to stockade in their homes?

I don't know but maybe since I was actually able to find 12 rolls of TP I should stock up on ammo to defend it

I was at Home Depot today and they had packages of TP and paper towels at the end of an aisle near the grilling section.
About half of their old grilling section is now large flower pots.

Not seeing any shortages here. Supposedly in Az. we have 5 cases of COVID 19 that may be why there is no mass rush.

I was at Home Depot today and they had packages of TP and paper towels at the end of an aisle near the grilling section.
About half of their old grilling section is now large flower pots.
Now that is the last place I would look/shop for TP.o_O PT maybe, but only Shop Towels.:)
Tim

There was a limit of five 25# bags of rice at restaurant depot today - one was more than enough for me. I got 16# of oatmeal, 8# of peanut butter, 25# of flour, & a gallon of syrup.... I should be good for a while. .....also got 10# of frozen cod filets - I didn't even look at their fresh meat - my freezer's already too full

The Formula1 Bahrain Grand Prix is also going participant only, no spectators. Gotta wonder how many more events are going to go the same way.

Several universities in Indiana have delayed return from spring break, at a minimum. My oldest daughter's university is delaying return from spring break for three days and making all classes virtual until at least April 4. She's not sure how the labs are going to work. Their conference (Big East) basketball tourney is in New York and is going sans fans. She is in the pep band (not the travel band though) and has been talking to friends in the travel band who are already in New York wondering what they are going to do.

The local university (my Alma Mater) last night officially canceled classes and all university sponsored/organized events involving more than 100 people for the rest of the semester (their spring break was last week), and is going to virtual classes. Their conference tournament (MAC) is also going sans fans. I watched the women's game last night and only immediate family of the teams were there.

Other daughters' school (K-12) looks to be testing conference video calls on their iPads today for remote learning and she says they are planning to go to remote starting next week. We have no official statement on that but her best friend's mom teaches there and is her source.

I'm starting to think we don't have enough toilet paper...:unsure:

A good friend of ours... her daughter is coming home from the East Coast (university.) The university has gone to all on-line classes, nothing in person.

And I just read a news report that the NBA has suspended the rest of the season. The NCAA basketball tournament won't have any fans in the arena.

Well, California events with gathering of 250 or more people have ALL been shut down. Minus Disneyland and other theme parks. Disneyland is okay to leave open since they only run through tens of thousands of people per hour. This really is getting crazy.

I've got to go around on service calls and I happen to have a slight cough so I'm trying hard not to cough in front of customers. People are getting a little weird. I'm in a smaller city so who knows if we have cases. My wife is a nurse in the main hospital. She hasn't seen anything yet. I'm mainly worried about the hospital getting swamped with people.

Spring training is now stopped, and the start of the regular season suspended for at least 2 weeks.
I just saw that. Have tickets for opening day but I can wait till this storm passes. St Patrick's day parades are getting canceled also.
Tim

Went to Walmart to pick up a prescription and a few items in the grocery department. Our Walmart isn't known for being well stocked but what I saw was a little unnerving, there were a lot of aisles that were completely bare mostly the aisles with can goods and non perishables. Most of the others were in the 50% range.
I don't know if it's a hording thing or their just not getting delivers. But it's obvious the COVID19 is causing some kind of reaction.
Barb and I are all set, two freezers full to the gills and we just restocked our large garage pantry with can goods and such, so we will be fine for weeks if this drags on.

Yea, it's getting weird. I grabbed my mail out of the mailbox and thought to myself I should wash my hands after handling this.
I did, but never really thought about it before....

Tim

Well, California events with gathering of 250 or more people have ALL been shut down. Minus Disneyland and other theme parks. Disneyland is okay to leave open since they only run through tens of thousands of people per hour. This really is getting crazy.
Disney just temporarily closed it's parks.
between that and sports.
Alot of people are out of jobs now..

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back