colonoscopy Lamb Chops

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
went shopping for something i rarely eat, but LOVE!

lambchops03032022a.JPG
lambchops03032022b.JPG

a simple seasoning tossed together of celery salt, cumin, smoked paprika, gaaalic powder, chili powder and fresh course ground pepper

lambchops03032022c.JPG

on the 26" Weber kettle over a mix of B&B briquettes and logs

lambchops03032022d.JPG
lambchops03032022e.JPG
lambchops03032022f.JPG
lambchops03032022g.JPG

a few minutes each side until the internal temp hit 130ºF

lambchops03032022h.JPG
lambchops03032022i.JPG

it's quite sad she doesn't like lamb... but i'm happy to eat them every now and then.

lambchops03032022j.JPG

tonight, it'll be back to grillin' for two.
thanks for swingin' by!
eet.gif

My wife doesn't like lamb either.....though I really do. Excellent looking chops, Jim! Was this a last meal before your scope, or the first one after....good either way!

R

Cook looks good Bob. When my mom passed away my dad's mother came to live with us. She was always cooking mutton and I hated it, gamey and tuff YUK. Haven't touched any lamb since I was a teenager.

Cook looks good Bob. When my mom passed away my dad's mother came to live with us. She was always cooking mutton and I hated it, gamey and tuff YUK. Haven't touched any lamb since I was a teenager.
The lamb chops taste nothing like leg of lamb or mutton.

The chops are fairly mild. Good grilled with rice pilaf and a Mediterranean type salad

My first wife used to put breast of lamb (probably mutton) in a baking pan without a rack of any sort and bake it in its own grease. Nasty crap! Never could stand to even smell lamb after that. Shortly after I started dating my current wife, she roasted a leg of lamb. I was hesitant but tried it and have been hooked ever since.

I agree, but it's Jim's cook. :p
oops... another senior moment. I will say I'm really getting good at those senior moments...getting a lot of practice. 🙃
Just this morning coming back from the doctor's office I drove right past our house, drove around the block and made another pass at it and found it, right where it was supposed to be.

thanks folks!

My wife doesn't like lamb either.....though I really do. Excellent looking chops, Jim! Was this a last meal before your scope, or the first one after....good either way!

R
thanks Rich, i did not have a colonoscopy.
Cook looks good Bob.
Thanks George!
Colonoscopy?
Yes, just arrived home from the hospital after her 15 minute procedure... yesterday, she could not eat any solid food... so i was on my own for dinner... and usually, on Thursdays, she arrives home from the shop at 6:30, so i had plenty of time to prepare my own dinner and get it out of the way before she came home.
And knowing i was eating alone, i decided to make something she would not eat.
#1 thing came to mind: Lamb chops.
so there you have it.

Back