Catheter Cardiac Ablation Yesterday

Lew Newby

R.I.P. 1/26/2024
Yesterday morning my daughter drove me down to Adventhealth Hospital in Orlando for an 11 AM procedure. It took about 3 hours. Everything went as planned and I was released at 7 PM. I feel tired and having aches and pain I was told to expect. I'm on restricted activity for a couple of days but no dietary restrictions. They did an esophageal endoscopy to check for blood clots (none) but I have a wicked sore throat. I won't talk much for the next few days but I'm home and my wife and daughter are doting over me. In a few days or weeks we'll know if the procedure was fully successful. Apparently, God has more for me to do.
😁

Glad that went well Lew! My wife went in for a “Watchman” procedure (parts installation) last week, the anesthesia was the hard part for her recovery. She feels pretty good after the whole thing was over. Doctor said it all went well so, she’s pleased!
I’m guessing this was for AFIB? One of the “outlaws” had that done a few years ago and he says he feels great! I’m sure you will feel like a million bucks as soon as the throat feels better! Offering prayers for speedy recovery!

Last edited:
Hoping and sending best that all goes well. My wife has to have something like that done due to GERD. They actually stick something down there that stretches the esophagus. Gives me the "willies"

Lew, wishing you a speedy recovery. Just got outa the hospital myself after a five day stay. Sure can't get any rest in a hospital always best to be at home.

Rich! And you didn’t tell us!!! 😉
Yes, now that you’re home you can rest! Alarms and people poking and probing is not a scenario that leads to any sort of ability to sleep!
I hope it wasn’t anything too serious.

Speedy recovery! If they were able to ablate the right things, you should feel a lot better. Sometimes those arrhythmias are stubborn little things.

Back