Big'ol Hunka Beef

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
A while ago, I ordered 4 "Club Steaks" from a local meat processing shop. Now this joint doesn't have a traditional glass enclosed meat case showing off their cuts of pork, beef or other meats like regular meat markets or butcher shops have.
But don't be mistaken, it does sell outstanding beef, pork and other uncommonly fresh meats at a great price.
I simply ring them up using a telephone, tell them what cut i want, the thickness, how many, then go pick'em up about an hour or so later.

So, anyway, i ordered these club steaks about 1½" thick each. 'Bout an hour goes by so i mosey on over there, only 5 country road miles away (a nice lil' drive).
Get home with the package of 4 and holeyMoley were they monsters! 'Bout 1¾lbs each!
Whatever, enough blabbin'... lem'me show ya what i did to one yesterday.

seasoned with Santa Maria seasoning and penzey's chicago steak seasoning.
tossed it on superduper hot grilling grates...

04072020a.jpg

there were storms north of us producing large golf ball size hail, but only rumbling in the clouds above...

04072020b.jpg

we took cover in the friendlier confines of the P1Gvilion...

04072020c.jpg
04072020d.jpg

it was gorgeous outside, sunny and upper 70's

04072020e.jpg

grilled the beef 'bout 5 minutes each side then temp'd it 'til it reached a decent 128ºF

04072020f.jpg

rested about 10 or so... then cut it up

04072020g.jpg

04072020h.jpg
served with (get this right) skillet toasted taters, roasted carrots with sautéed onions & topped with these...
04072020i.jpg

after dinner, the sun was still out, but slowing sayin' Goodbye for the day.

04072020k.jpg

it was all good, food, company and the weather.
Thanks for swingin' by! :)

Your living the High Life Jim ;) and give Kudos to the local meat processing shop....4 Club steaks Local Style please.....

Man, that's a beauty Jim. I'm getting ready to do some T-Bones that hover right around 1.25 lbs. each. Mere babies next to that beast. Your wife's killing it on the sides too. (If they're yours I apologize.) :oops:

Steak for one! :) Reminds me that I still have a couple of steaks (roasts?) that I hacked off the Xmas rib primal. They are about 2.5" each.

As expected, Jim, ya done good!

R

Yes sir, I want to join that club if they have steaks like that!! Great looking meal as always Jim, and I’m glad the storms stayed away as well.
Tim

That is a terrific looking crust on that steak. I'd appreciate it if you would tell us what you did to get it.

What kind of charcoal, and how much?

Looks like Grill Grates on the kettle? I've seen those but didn't know if they were worth trying. This could be a good endorsement.

04072020f-jpg.2467

That is a terrific looking crust on that steak. I'd appreciate it if you would tell us what you did to get it.
What kind of charcoal, and how much?
Looks like Grill Grates on the kettle? I've seen those but didn't know if they were worth trying. This could be a good endorsement.

seasoned with Santa Maria seasoning and penzey's chicago steak seasoning. tossed it on superduper hot grilling grates... over WEBER Briquettes
yes, the grillgrates are worth the dough.
there are/were grilling gimmicks and gadgets i've tried/owned over the years (i.e., CrayCort cast iron grates, Rib-O-Lator), but the grill grates are keepers for me. Those and the vortex thing. I like that also.

Back