Beer.

My normal favorites are Fosters (both Blue and Green) summer swilling favorite is still good old Labatts Blue. I live in Kalamazoo and have known Larry Bell for over forty years so, “Two Hearted” is what I drink when my band plays (played) there. Oberon in the tall boy can is pretty good I actually prefer it to the draft.
You can’t swing a long tailed cat without hitting someone’s “Newest micro brewery” around here but now, I’m older and have found I prefer more classic cocktails (dirty martinis, Perfect Manhattans, Freezer Vodka with a very long twist)
My last visit with the Saw Bones said I must rein in on all of it so, I will go for quality over quantity until I’m done!
When in Pittsburgh, I really like IC, Yeungling, and Penn Pilsner! I used to bring back a case of some home to share with the band at rehearsals! Back when I was a youngster! Getting old is not for the faint of heart!
My band used to drink one bar OUT of Fischer’s Strasbourg and they would lay in ten extra cases of Fosters Blue when we played there! The customers saw those “oil cans” and wanted what we were drinking!

Last edited:
You guys in Wisconsin are lucky.. my favorite is from New Glarus.. good old spotted cow! Bring a few cases home when I get up there. Yeungling is also very good.. same, can't get it around here.

You guys in Wisconsin are lucky.. my favorite is from New Glarus.. good old spotted cow! Bring a few cases home when I get up there.
If you haven't yet done so, give Lake Louie and Gray's a try sometime when you're up here. As a bonus, Gray's also makes good root beer and other sodas!

Last edited:
As a sidebar, if any of you ever find yourselves near Potosi, WI it's worth it to check out the National Brewery Museum. Even if you don't like beer the neon collection is really impressive, and if you do like beer the neon collection is really impressive and you can have a beer.;)

As a sidebar, if any of you ever find yourselves near Potosi, WI it's worth it to check out the National Brewery Museum. Even if you don't like beer the neon collection is really impressive, and if you do like beer the neon collection is really impressive and you can have a beer.;)
Will definitely check that out.. thanks! Not far from Prairie du chien, stop at Starks to replenish occasionally!

I currently have my Single Hand Stout (think Left Hand Milk Stout) and Hurricane Creek Cal Common (Anchor Steam) on tap and an Am Brown Ale (Downtown Brown) in the fermenter.

I grew up old school in Pennsylvania, and after 17 years away, I'm back in Pennsylvania. Reunited with Yuengling Premium Beer. Not Lager, but the original Yuengling Beer I cut my teeth on oh so many years ago. An underrated beer if there ever was one. Crick water, and aged in a side of a mountain.

Yuengling was dirt cheap back in the day -- and worth every penny. When Dick Yuengling took over in the 80s he transformed the place. Losing access to Lager was one of our heartbreaks when we moved to Texas. The best news I've heard recently is that Yuengling will be available here this coming fall. Can't wait.

Jeff

Yuengling was dirt cheap back in the day -- and worth every penny. When Dick Yuengling took over in the 80s he transformed the place. Losing access to Lager was one of our heartbreaks when we moved to Texas. The best news I've heard recently is that Yuengling will be available here this coming fall. Can't wait.

Jeff
In the 80's I worked at a beer distributor in PA. I'd get a case (24) of 16 oz returnable bottles of Premium Beer at cost, if I recall it was less then $5. Good times!

I discovered several years ago that I generally prefer the session beers, characterized by the lower ABV.

I'm not a huge fan of the IPAs or SuperDuper IPAs. More of a Lager and German Wheat beer guy.
Yuengling is readily available here and is my go-to. We have a local Lager here: Red Oak Their amber Lager is unbelievable.
Sierra Nevada has a brewery complex in Western NC near Asheville. We call it Malt Disney.

Lot of home brews going on. Brewing a NEIPA and a Sams Christmas clone with spices and fresh orange peel.

Attachments

• 20201114_190223.jpg
    20201114_190223.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20201114_190232.jpg
    20201114_190232.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200909_163932.jpg
    20200909_163932.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 7

Back