Been a Long Long Time

Rich Dahl

R.I.P. 7/21/2024
Yesterday was just a perfect day. Temps in the low 80s and very mild winds, a far cry from the last few months.
Barb had the day off and we ran some errands and did some things around the house.
Decided to make some KFC for dinner on the performer before the charcoal ban goes into effect in May. Been almost a year since the covers been off the performer. Can’t use it in the summer and I don’t do much grilling in the winter and if I do I use the pellet grill so I can stay inside and stay warm.

Used our go to recipe for KFC yellow mustard, 50/50 panko and extra crispy shake and bake and 10 turns of Trader Joes everyday seasoning grinder.
Put the vortex in and filled with KBB ran it at 500 for 45 minutes.
Barb seasoned up some first of the season corn on the bone and grilled that when the chicken was done.
Also had a side of Safeway’s potato salad we picked up.
Perfect dinner and a couple of adult beverages after dinner out on the front patio. It was a great day!

Thanks for taking a look

101_6516.JPG

101_6517.JPG

101_6520.JPG

101_6522.JPG

101_6524.JPG

101_6527.JPG

101_6530.JPG

101_6536.JPG

Being from the Uk, what is the nature of the charcoal ban you mention?
We live in the Southwest which is in a 20 year drought. The forest and grass lands are tinder dry so the Fire management districts put fire restrictions that include no campfires or open flame, no charcoal grills, no welding outside or the use of weed eaters with steel blades, no target shooting, etc.
Propane grills and camp stoves are okay but must have an adult monitoring at all times.
A couple of years ago the large ranch that is adjacent to our housing development had a massive grass fire that burned 3500 acres along with 15 homes and out buildings that was 1/4 mile from our house.
I don't like it but I completely understand why the restrictions are put in place.

Looks stunning! Glad that you have good days with Barb when you can. I’m always happy when Sandy and I can have a nice quiet delicious dinner! Things have been hectic around here with her needing the dining room as her office. The stress of a small house is tough.

Back