Anybody have experience with these thermometers?

This is what happens in the grilling offseason. I know a lot of you guys are out burning cow flesh and rehabbing grills in January, but up north, it is a lot harder to do both, which presents us a lot more time to goof off.

Got the ThermoPro TP15 yesterday and tested it last night on some chicken strips in the oven. Seems okay for a cheap no features therm that I am going to throw in the RV. The TP19 I ordered should be here Friday so hope to try it out on the weekend and report back. If I get dug out of the 22 inches of snow we got today by then.

It was early darkness grilling on my Genesis Platinum. This grill gets hot faster than some, so it can be a little hard to gauge doneness by time (or sight in the dark). I do like fairly well done when cooking burgers, but I remembered I had my new TP-19H and ran inside to grab it and put it to another test. Good thing. It was time for these to come off!

CYAHoH5.jpg

Great tool. I agree 15 pages is enough, so this will be my last post about this thermometer. I do hope, though, Richard in NS will share pictures and experiences with the one he is getting.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

I just saw on Amazon that you can now get the ThermoPro TP-19H thermometer I bought for $19.99 for only $16.99:cool:

I am so far VERY happy with mine. A pretty strong deal someone might want to jump on.

On one of the Weber Kettle Facebook groups, tons of folks posting how they got ThermoPro thermometers for Iike $0.43... Less than a dollar! Wish I had known about that coupon

Well, if the ThermoPro TP-19H I got for $19.99 (Currently $18.99) doesn't suit you, and if the Thermapen MK4 at $99 still isn't rich enough for your blood, maybe you would want to try this Big Green Egg model I saw today at my local Ace Hardware:

mVpPIio.jpg

Hey only $132.99 and they even throw in a case:eek:!

Personally, I do think OXO has some great industrial design..... but at anywhere near that pricepoint, I'm buying Thermoworks products and never looking back.

Well the reality is you don't need to spend 100 bucks for the Thermapen Mk4 either as they are on sale more than a few times a year. Chris usually posts when they are on sale in the buy and sell. I think my wife paid $79.95 for mine she got it for a gift but I found it because of Chris's posting it.

Back